Curado Parts?

Old June 7th, 2004, 03:03 AM
Charles B. Summers

Default Curado Parts?

I need a new handle for a Curado that's been stepped on a few times. Anyone
know a source?

Thanks!

--
Charles Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

Old June 7th, 2004, 03:20 AM
Jack Schmitt

"Charles B. Summers" wrote:

I need a new handle for a Curado that's been stepped on a few times. Anyone
know a source?

Thanks!

--
Charles Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
http://www.secretweaponlures.com

Southwestern Parts and Service
605 Mockingbird Lane
Dallas Texas 75247
www.fishingreelrepair.com
214-630-8161
Fax 214-631-7634

They should be able to help. I have dealt with this Co. since my repair
days at Clay's after my first retirement.

How was Dale Hollow???
J.
Old June 7th, 2004, 03:57 AM
Ed Hughes

SW does have a good catalog of parts ..but I was working on a Curado over
the winter that they told me I could not get parts for .... I suppose it
will depend on the model and parts availability.
I thought of replacinng a spool on a very old Mitchell 300 but they want
more to ship it from Dallas to Austin than the part is worth .
Ed

Old June 7th, 2004, 04:09 AM
Charles B. Summers

Thanks Jack... I found what I was looking for but shipping was 7.99! Guess
if I can't find it anywhere else, I'll give them a call.

Dale Hollow was great, and the full moon really helped navigating. Only
caught one smallmouth, but it was 19.25"! Slot fish, of course!

Old June 7th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Henry Hefner

Charles B. Summers wrote:
I need a new handle for a Curado that's been stepped on a few times. Anyone
know a source?

Thanks!

Stepped on more than once? Are you sure those sunglasses you lost
weren't prescription?
Old June 7th, 2004, 04:45 AM
Joe Haubenreich

I have to admit, one of those stepping-ons was mine. Someone yelled "net"
and I stomped right on the rod in my haste.

Charles, a fairly new tackle shop in Hendersonville, TN specializes in
Shimano reel repair. Call Don Beck at Fisherman's Blessing and ask him for a
reel handle. He works on all makes, but Don is specially trained by Shimano.
He likes to take reels and tune them up so they work better than new....
special lubes, bearings, and fine-tuning for better performance and casting
distance.

Joe
_________________

Old June 7th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Henry Hefner

Charles B. Summers wrote:
Thanks Jack... I found what I was looking for but shipping was 7.99! Guess
if I can't find it anywhere else, I'll give them a call.

Dale Hollow was great, and the full moon really helped navigating. Only
caught one smallmouth, but it was 19.25"! Slot fish, of course!

Charles, If the shipping is all that's keeping you apart from your reel
handle, and you don't mind waiting a few days longer, I go through that
neighborhood now and then and could pick up your part and send it
myself. You can email me at ornery(AT)ev1.net Then keep it out of Joe's
way. He sounds like a good net man, I lost a good one the other day
'cause my bro-in-law was too slow on the net. At least that's my story,
and I'm stickin' to it.
Old June 7th, 2004, 01:53 PM
BassMr

Charles if you can't get it in Hendersonville I will pick one up for you on
Friday at Duluth Outdoors In Atlanta.Bill will probably have some in
stock.Let me know.
"Joe Haubenreich" rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com wrote in
message ...

Old June 7th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)

Sounds like he could use a website, Joe. You don't happen to know what he
charges for this tune-up, do you ?

Old June 7th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Charles Summers

Thanks Joe, I'll try calling them. Didn't we just submit an order for
them???

The handle was a little weak anyway from my fat arse stepping on it, bending
the handle in, then hammering it back out. I got it pretty straight for now,
so it's very usable and I probably could tell the difference without
looking.

Yes, I'll call Mr. Beck. Maybe I can get those special bearing that I was
looking for last year too.