Great Lakes Flyfishing Report

Old December 10th, 2010, 04:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
GreyFox

Default Great Lakes Flyfishing Report

So this is the "lots and lots of details" that you have???

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 11:42:32 -0800 (PST), Giles
wrote:

On Nov 25, 12:57=A0am, (GreyFox) wrote:
Sidestepping the irony inherent in concerns about Great Lakes ecology
based on the presumed fact that the steelhead fishin' ain't what she
used ta be.....

The Great Lakes of North America are well and truly ****ed. =A0And there
ain't no end in sight.

Details on request. =A0LOTS AND LOTS of details.

giles

Yes, I would really appreciate the details. This is very disheartening
to hear. A truly great fishery could have seen its hayday.

"Could have" suggests that "truly great fishery" refers to Pacific
salmon species and steelhead. If so, you don't need details.....you
need someone to explain to you what "disease" means.

g.
has anybody seen cassandra around lately?

Old December 11th, 2010, 12:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Dec 9, 10:12*pm, (GreyFox) wrote:
So this is the "lots and lots of details" that you have???

Well, it took you 15 days to get through it. How much more can you
handle? And in what order?

Hm.....where to start?

O.k.,try googling invasive species in the Great Lakes......or, hell,
I'll do it for you. Start he

http://www.great-lakes.net/envt/flor.../invasive.html

When you get to the bottom of the page, you will doubtless notice that
the information listed there was last updated in 2003. This shouldn't
concern you overmuch as 7 year old information will be lost in the
bowels of history by the time you get to it if your performance thus
far is any indication.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. If you encounter anything you don't
understand, feel free to request amplification, explanation,
illumination, edification, etc.

When you've finished, ask our great-great grandchildren where to look
next.

giles
who, having misjudged the voraciousness and the level of preparation
of the current class, will probably have to spend the entire weekend
indoors, preparing lesson plans.

Old December 12th, 2010, 12:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Dec 12, 12:48*am, (GreyFox) wrote:
Well that is more like it Mr. Giles!

Thank you...I'll study the info.

You're welcome.

g.
Old December 13th, 2010, 06:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
GreyFox

Some depressing stuff on the site, and some stuff that would **** a
guy off.
Once again our judicial system is screwing things up. Sounds like Lake
Michigan is in big trouble with the Asian Carp.

Old December 14th, 2010, 01:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Dec 13, 12:06*am, (GreyFox) wrote:
Some depressing stuff on the site, and some stuff that would **** a
guy off.

It should all do both.

Once again our judicial system is screwing things up.

The judicial system? Well, o.k., yeah, in pretty much the same sense
as bakers in Nevada and haberdashers in Saskatchewan, I suppose.

Sounds like Lake
Michigan is in big trouble with the Asian Carp.

Lake Michigan in not in trouble. Lake Michigan is essentially dead,
at least from a historico-ecological point of view. So are the rest
of the Great Lakes. Scientists here and there occasionally make
headlines (at least regionally) by predicting the imminent collapse of
the Great Lakes food chain. I guess no one has the heart to tell them
that it already happened.....quite a while ago.

In fact, very few people seem to be aware of the staggering
proportions of the outrage that has been committed on one of the
world's very finest and greatest natural treasures. This is not
surprising, though.....it's just another example of the consequences
temporal isolation and the resultant ratcheting of baseline
standards. Happens all the time. This is in large part why ****wits
all over the world can look armageddon in the face and accuse anyone
who recognizes it as being a "chicken little."

Um.....you DO know the story of Cassandra.....right?

giles
Old December 16th, 2010, 07:18 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
GreyFox

Um.....you DO know the story of Cassandra.....right?

giles

You talking Greek Mythology?

Old December 17th, 2010, 02:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Dec 16, 1:18*am, (GreyFox) wrote:
Um.....you DO know the story of Cassandra.....right?
giles

You talking Greek Mythology?

I'm talking the truth.

g.
Old February 21st, 2011, 07:06 PM
toreskeviin toreskeviin is offline
Junior Member

My first time in Ontario stream. Do not know why things is mixed, but better Erie flow. Flow Pennsylvania week before the report is good, but hit by the Lake Erie 3.489 The effect of snow, so the fishing pressure should have been dead.