cabin fever cure

Old December 30th, 2005, 04:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default cabin fever cure

For anyone with cabin fever, here's a link to a photo site with pics
from a trip I took this summer:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L1BB3136C

This was the trip I was on during the western clave. It was an 8 day
trip but I only made it 4 days before the vertigo/nausea that I'd had
all year got to be too much so I hiked out.

The first guy pictured is my backpacking/fishing buddy, Bob. I'm the
guy in the green, "Here, fishy, fishy" shirt. The girl in the pic is
Bob's daughter, Bethany. She writes for Fortune magazine and co-wrote
the book, "Enron, the Smartest Guys in the Room." She was a very
interesting person.

The rest of the guys are all from MS and are Bob's childhood friends.
Those MS guys were animals. All were in their 60's and were carrying
way too heavy packs, IMO, but they never missed a beat. They also seem
to have strange tastes in hats

This trip was all lake fishing. I was pretty tough fishing
(especially for me as I had to use my hiking pole to maintain balance
while I walked down to the lake edge.) The hot fly was a "Turk's
Tarantula" that I bought on a trip down the Wind River. When I left the
group, I gave it to one of the guys and he caught fish with it the rest
of the trip and returned it to me when he got back. That was great as
it was the only example I had. It's a effective fly but is kind of like
casting a baby sparrow. Pretty wind resistant.

Snoop
Old December 30th, 2005, 05:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

wrote:
[...]

Cool trip Bob!

Based on some of your tips, I got some ultra light gear and took a
couple overnighters early this Fall. BIG difference from the old
backpack gear I had from the early 70's. (BIG difference in me since
then too!) Looking at doing a couple longer trips this Summer.

Willi

Old December 31st, 2005, 05:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Great trip, too bad about the vertigo. The pictures really remind me that I
need to get back up in the mountains.

Thanks,

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly