What to do with my retrieve?

Old March 29th, 2010, 12:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

Default What to do with my retrieve?

On 03/28/2010 03:06 PM, Bill Grey wrote:

Come on lads just go with the flow :-)

Bill

Can't I just "Drift" in the current? :-)
-T
Old March 29th, 2010, 01:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

On 03/28/2010 06:11 AM, David LaCourse wrote:

It doesn't offend me. What offends me and others is someone hiding
behind a cloak of anonymity. There is no need to hide. We are family
here. There are no mad men..... well, maybe one or two

Hi Dave,

I had no idea that was what you were complaining about. I thought
you were thinking I was trying to create new names for things
that were already named.

The " is to keep me off of spam lists. And, remember
that although this groups only has a couple or three psychopaths
on it, that the contents of this group show up on the entire web,
where there are a lot of psychopaths. Here is a link to what
you risk by posting your full identity on the web:

http://thedeadkidsofmyspace.com/

For instance, in another posting in this tread, you let us
all know you live in Massachusetts and own a house in George.
(You are probably safe with just that disclosure.)

Mainly, I don't want any more spam.

If you would like me to contact me, just post to this
group and say: "Ping Todd". I check it about four time
a week. I can not resist fishing stories. (I avoid the
political stuff -- get way too nasty and have nothing
to do with fishing. There are other groups for politics.)

-T (A.K.A. Todd)
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:48 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On 2010-03-27 17:44:54 -0400, "Mark Bowen" said:

Don't mind Davie, he's a bit slow on the up take and hasn't caught the
"drift" of the discussion yet.

You just have to stir the pot, dontcha, ****stain.

Go fishing. *Have sex. *Pick your nose. *Do something with your life.

YAWN

You've been yawning for almost 60 years, Mark. *That's your problem.

Davie

It beats the **** out of war-mongering and a desire to torture anyone who
might possibly have heard of someone who knows how to spell the word
terrorist.

Happy nightmares Davie.

Op

Nightmares? *BWAAAAaaaahahahahaha. *I sleep like a lamb every night
(well up to the point where I hafta drain the main vein). *Most folks
who have a beautiful woman in the bed with them sleep well. *Oh, that's
right. *You couldn't *possibly* know that.

Davie

What's the longest time you've ever gone without giving in to rage?
Have you ever made it for 24 hours?

g.
Old March 29th, 2010, 04:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

On 2010-03-28 20:19:06 -0400, Todd said:

On 03/28/2010 06:11 AM, David LaCourse wrote:

It doesn't offend me. What offends me and others is someone hiding
behind a cloak of anonymity. There is no need to hide. We are family
here. There are no mad men..... well, maybe one or two

Hi Dave,

I had no idea that was what you were complaining about. I thought
you were thinking I was trying to create new names for things
that were already named.

Compaining? Nah, not me.

The " is to keep me off of spam lists. And, remember
that although this groups only has a couple or three psychopaths
on it, that the contents of this group show up on the entire web,
where there are a lot of psychopaths. Here is a link to what
you risk by posting your full identity on the web:

http://thedeadkidsofmyspace.com/

For instance, in another posting in this tread, you let us
all know you live in Massachusetts and own a house in George.
(You are probably safe with just that disclosure.)

Yeah. I'm friends with Smith and Wesson, and have a big friend called
Browning.

Mainly, I don't want any more spam.

Have you tried it with saltines. It was a life safer in the jungle,
let me tell you. Didn't need to take salt tablets with that stuff
around. Sheeesh.

If you would like me to contact me, just post to this
group and say: "Ping Todd".

Ok. If I want to contact you, I'll just reach out and touch you. teehee.

I check it about four time
a week.

Oh, good. I'll be here.

I can not resist fishing stories.

Didja hear the one about the rabbi, priest, and Methodist minister that
went fishing? Well, it seems.............. oh, I'll have to save that
for another day.

(I avoid the
political stuff -- get way too nasty and have nothing
to do with fishing.

Yeah. It's meant to work that way. Doesn't always work, though.

There are other groups for politics.)

Can't disagree there. d;o)

-T (A.K.A. Todd)

Dave (aka, Idiot, Moron, Pig, Imbecile, and my all time favorite, The Pirate)

Old March 29th, 2010, 04:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

On 2010-03-27 22:12:23 -0400, "Mark Bowen" said

:

On 2010-03-27 17:44:54 -0400, "Mark Bowen" sa

id:

[...]

When's the last time you had your hands out of your ass?

d.

Old March 29th, 2010, 12:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On 2010-03-27 22:12:23 -0400, "Mark Bowen" said

:

Old March 30th, 2010, 10:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Steve M[_2_]

On 3/27/2010 1:06 PM, Todd wrote:
On 03/26/2010 09:57 PM, Steve M wrote:
I'd been
using my usual technique of casting, counting down for depth and
stripping in with a slow pulsing strip right along the bottom. That's
how you fish 'buggers, right?

Just out of curiosity, is this the same way you would fish a Muddler?

Pretty much, except when I don't. I find that (at least when I get
started) I'm a creature of habit. If it worked the last time or works
most of the time, that's what I start out doing.. After a while though I
get bored. And it doesn't matter if I'm catching trout or not. I just
need to do something different after a while.

Heh.

A few years ago I was fishing one of my favorite streams in Idaho (which
SHALL remain nameless) and getting plenty of action with west slope
cut-throat. This was like 3 hours into the day and I'd already brought
in excess of 20 trout to hand, so I was not trying something different
out of desperation.

Anyway, I decided what the hell and put on a #10 Acardo Round Dinny
popper (in orange). Now, west slopes are not downstream ivy league fish
concerned about 'nuance' anyway, but it was amazing to watch them slash
at that popper. I'd caught 3 with it and missed a bunch in the first few
minutes.... and then I hooked a really big one.

Yep, it was big. When I got the fish in a little closer it turned out to
be a Bull Trout. Not a real big bull trout at around 20 inches, but a
Bull Trout.

Which, as everyone knows, are not surface feeders.

So, I took a picture of the fish when I got it into shallow water
(popper stuck in it's lips) for proof, managed to extract the popper
without touching it and shooed it back into deeper water where it should
have stayed in the first place.

Silly char, poppers are for trout.

\s

--
"There is no use in your walking five miles to fish when you can depend
on being just as unsuccessful near home." M. Twain
Old March 30th, 2010, 06:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

On 03/30/2010 02:56 AM, Steve M wrote:

Silly char, poppers are for trout.

Love it! Thank you for sharing. :-)