Brodin Ghost Nets

Old November 5th, 2007, 08:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

Default Brodin Ghost Nets

Anyone know much about these Brodin Ghost Nets?
I guess they're called ghost because they're clear.
http://www.brodin.com/Cutthroat%20_Ghost.html
-tom

Old November 5th, 2007, 08:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
BJ Conner

On Nov 5, 12:47 pm, "Tom Nakashima" wrote:
Anyone know much about these Brodin Ghost Nets?
I guess they're called ghost because they're clear.http://www.brodin.com/Cutthroat%20_Ghost.html
-tom

Could be because the price scares you.

Old November 5th, 2007, 09:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
briansfly

Tom Nakashima wrote:
Anyone know much about these Brodin Ghost Nets?
I guess they're called ghost because they're clear.
http://www.brodin.com/Cutthroat%20_Ghost.html
-tom

I wish these were out when I was shopping for a new net. I bought
another brand net, with rubber basket. Reason for buying was, the rubber
netting is less likely to remove the fish's, protective slime coating.
It's a bit on the heavy side, but still a quality net. The Brodin nets
are lighter. I'm not so sure about the clear net not spooking fish, but
it certainly isn't a negative feature....imho. One other feature of
rubber nets is they aren't as likely to snag your flies. This can be a
VERY good thing, if you fish two fly rigs.

brians

Old November 5th, 2007, 09:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 12:47:10 -0800, "Tom Nakashima"
wrote:

Anyone know much about these Brodin Ghost Nets?
I guess they're called ghost because they're clear.
http://www.brodin.com/Cutthroat%20_Ghost.html
-tom

It's yet another net that is SO much better than the dozens just like
it...plus, the company REALLY cares about trout and nature and fishers
and ****...

IOW, yes, I know as much about them as the owner of the company and
anyone else who can read: it's a just another expensive net. And if you
or anyone else thinks buying one will make you a better person or FFer,
you're a dumbass. If these bozos really shave a git about the
environment, they'd sell a biodegradable, easily-replaceable bag net
with a handle made from as much post-consumer recyclables as possible
(probably something on the order of 90% or more), or better yet, set up
a website to help teach folks to release fish without using a net - if
you use barbless, you really don't need a net, and if you aren't using
barbless, you shouldn't be releasing anyway.

HTH,
Old November 5th, 2007, 09:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 20:53:36 -0000, BJ Conner
wrote:

Could be because the price scares you.

splork

I have a black rubber basket net which didn't cost as much. I like it
because hooks don't get stuck in the netting, and it is much less
traumatic on the fish than a mesh net, including the soft mesh. I do
not, however, like the way the rubber basket hangs when the net is on
my back. It doesn't hang limply like a mesh net but instead sticks
out and seems to be a magnet for every bush I go by. Also, big fish
tend to be able to jump out of it while I am removing the hook.

Old November 5th, 2007, 11:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

wrote in message
[...]

but, Rick, it's CLEAR. Think of the thousands, yes, thousands of trout that
must've have fled in terror merely because your net bag was not CLEAR! Now,
seeing as how I'm a tall goofus, my net, when not using it to land fish, is
sort of hanging mid-back on me. And, since I wade more, um,
above-the-surface than Reid, the net is seldom in the water. Thus, the maker
of this bag must feel that trout have the exceptional vision to see a
colored net bag suspended a couple of feet above the surface of the
stream(Marinaro could have calculated where in the trout's "window" the bag
falls). Either that, or said maker just knows Barnum was right with the
calculus that there is a sucker born every minute.
Tom

Old November 6th, 2007, 12:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

If you really care about the fish, you need this;

http://www.harrissportsmail.com/Mode...?ModelID=15601

MC

Old November 6th, 2007, 12:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
BJ Conner

On Nov 5, 4:08 pm, Mike wrote:
If you really care about the fish, you need this;

http://www.harrissportsmail.com/Mode...?ModelID=15601

MC

Carp are an invasive species and root up the bottom and otherwise
destroy fish habitat. The best solution is to wrap a willow branch
through their gills and throw them back. They will swim away and die
somewhere else. Turtles, raccoons and various birds will recycle
them.
Carp are only entertaining to people who have been degraded to fish
for trash fish. The nobility keeps the trout and salmon for
themselves.

Old November 6th, 2007, 01:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Willi

BJ Conner wrote:
On Nov 5, 4:08 pm, Mike wrote:

If you really care about the fish, you need this;

http://www.harrissportsmail.com/Mode...?ModelID=15601

MC

Carp are an invasive species and root up the bottom and otherwise
destroy fish habitat. The best solution is to wrap a willow branch
through their gills and throw them back. They will swim away and die
somewhere else. Turtles, raccoons and various birds will recycle
them.
Carp are only entertaining to people who have been degraded to fish
for trash fish. The nobility keeps the trout and salmon for
themselves.

I guess I've been degraded then. I find them lots of fun on the fly.
Sight fishing big fish.

http://crystalglen.net/Fishing/IMGP1514.jpg

http://crystalglen.net/Fishing/Untitled-4.jpg

http://crystalglen.net/Fishing/IMGP1866-(Medium).jpg

Or I guess you could fish for the dinky put and take stocker trout in
the lake instead.

Browns are non native in this Country as are Rainbows and Brookies in
most drainages.

Willi
Old November 6th, 2007, 01:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

On 6 Nov, 01:27, BJ Conner wrote:
On Nov 5, 4:08 pm, Mike wrote: If you really care about the fish, you need this;

http://www.harrissportsmail.com/Mode...?ModelID=15601

MC

Carp are an invasive species and root up the bottom and otherwise
destroy fish habitat. The best solution is to wrap a willow branch
through their gills and throw them back. They will swim away and die
somewhere else. Turtles, raccoons and various birds will recycle
them.
Carp are only entertaining to people who have been degraded to fish
for trash fish. The nobility keeps the trout and salmon for
themselves.

Your inventive cruelty to live animals is quite repulsive sunshine.
Your views on most things are also weird to say the least.Doubtless
all stems from your obvious ignorance.

My post was a tongue in cheek reference to the lengths firms will go
to sell various products to anglers, not an invitation for another of
your silly rants.

MC