Considering a father's day gift for Dad... or yourself?

Old May 31st, 2007, 11:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe Haubenreich

Default Considering a father's day gift for Dad... or yourself?

A fishing buddy of mine from Tulsa recently wowed me with some new fishing
rods he brought with him for a day of fishing on Missouri's Current River.

I have no vested interest in the company I'm going to tell you about. Until
today I'd never spoken with a representative of the company or purchased
their products. However, I've handled their gear, and I am quite impressed.

The rods my pal showed me were first class. Extremely lightweight but tough
and sensitive with quality components. SiC guides, metal-thread wrapped and
expoxied on gunsmoke-grey blanks; Fuji reel seats and high-grade cork
handles. The rods were packed in Cordura-covered rigid travel cases with
leather end caps. I estimated the rods to be in the $150 price range and was
surprised to learn that the price was less than half that. In fact, my buddy
got in on a limited-time two-for-one deal that cut the already good price in
half. I think he ended up buying four rods in all.

The company's name is Acadia Sports, and their products are available only
on their Website. The rods (P-series) are priced at $79.95. At half price,
that's about forty apiece. I visited Acadia's Website and found that you can
knock off $15 if you order the rods without their cases. The rods I saw were
P-series (professional). Acadia also sells the F-series at $39.95 apiece.
The 2-for-1 offer is good on them, too, for a while.

As I browsed Acadia's site, http://www.acadiasports.com/, I examined the
reels, which my buddy also highly recommended. Priced at $49.99, these
all-aluminum body, 10-ball bearing reels are definitely worth a look. I plan
to buy one each in the 100 and 200 sizes.

As we prepared our tackle in the evening at the Riverside Lodge in Eminence,
MO (on the Jack's Fork of the Current River), I had a chance to closely
inspect an Acadia Sports tackle bag, too. A lot of good tackle bags are out
on the market now. Lee Richards evidently studied them all and combined the
best features of all the bags. He ended up with an attractive,
well-apportioned organizer. Anglers who travel or take back seats will be
better equipped if they take full advantage of this bag. Built-in sunglasses
case, room for 8 tackle trays (it comes with four), lots of padded
compartments. I was as impressed with this as I was the reels and rods.

With their quality guarantees (lifetime on quality, materials, and
workmanship, and 90 days on satisfaction) and an attractive shipping policy:
pay just $6.95 for shipping in the U.S., regardless of the number of rods in
the order. One rod -- $6.95. Six rods... still just $6.95. The same goes for
reels ($6.95 regardless of the number) and bags ($6.95 for one, two, or ten
bags). You'll be hard-pressed to beat that.

Joe
--
Secret Weapon Lures
Tackle systems engineered for innovative anglers

Old June 2nd, 2007, 12:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Cold Call

Acadia is from the Dallas Fort Worth area. I know a few folks that fish
their rods and I have never heard anyone complain. If you get on their
mailing list they send out some good offers that way as well. I have never
used any of their equipment so everything is second.
"Joe Haubenreich" wrote in
message ...