Happy Father's Day

Old June 20th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Default Happy Father's Day

I hope all you Dad's have a happy Dad's Day, I'm taking
mom-in-law up north today where she'll visit relatives
until next Tuesday. Wednesday SWMBO leaves for Orlando
to attand the ALA annual conference. That means it's just
me and the hound dog on our own for 5 days and I'm going
to give myself a belated Father's Day fishing trip.

Me and Kipper the hound will take up residence at the
West Fork Sportsman's Club campground just outside Avalanche,
Wisconsin on Thursday the 24th and leave at o-dark-thirty on
Tuesday the 29th. Probably won't get in and get set up in
time to fish on Thursday, but plan to flog the streams with
fishing string Friday through Monday.

The guy I talked to said the streams are back in their banks
and the mosquitoes are out in force, so if you're in the
area bring your deet and stop on by.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old June 20th, 2004, 04:06 PM
rw

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
I hope all you Dad's have a happy Dad's Day,

If you aspire to be a writer you should learn the correct use of
apostrophes.

Old June 20th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Hirsty's

Thawt their wos only 12 apostles ??

"rw" wrote in message
m...

Old June 20th, 2004, 11:27 PM
MichaelM

rw wrote in message .. .
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
I hope all you Dad's have a happy Dad's Day,

If you aspire to be a writer you should learn the correct use of
apostrophes.

:-), should you aspire to be a reader, you ought to accept such.

Old June 21st, 2004, 02:30 AM
Tim J.

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote...
I hope all you Dad's have a happy Dad's Day,

My wife and younger son left for Florida this morning at 0-dark-thirty to visit
my daughter, my older son is on vacation in CA, and there are no other relatives
around. Sooooo . . . this temporary bachelor and a confirmed one canoed about
eight miles of the Deerfield River today. Wonderful day, good company, a grilled
steak dinner at the end with a few nice glasses of Merlot, AND I now know how
much water the canoe holds.

All of the kiddies called to wish me a good day while I was out, so they're
still welcome back into the house.
--
TL,
Tim

Old June 21st, 2004, 04:25 AM
Ken Fortenberry

rw wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
I hope all you Dads have a happy Dad's Day,

If you aspire to be a writer you should learn the correct use of
apostrophes.

And put some poor copy editor out of a job ?

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old June 21st, 2004, 04:34 AM
Wolfgang

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
. ..
rw wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
I hope all you Dads have a happy Dad's Day,

If you aspire to be a writer you should learn the correct use of
apostrophes.

And put some poor copy editor out of a job ?

DANGED if that ain't got a familiar ring to it........um......who wrote
that?

Wolfgang
who is pretty certain that it wasn't dreiser or nin.

Old June 21st, 2004, 03:31 PM
Padishar Creel

Well I had the best father's day EVER. Had dinner with my two lovely
daughters and my oldest daughter's husband and I received the coolest cards
along with a copy of the Oregon fishing guide, latest edition. I got to
spend 3 hours listening to incedibly intelligent and beautiful people that
got me to wondering how I could possibly be so lucky to be their Dad and
Dad-in law. Then I spent too many hours last night reading my new book. I
also rec'd a wonderful gardening how to book that will result in a better
garden for everyone.

I hope you are all jealous cuz you should be...for I have the best kids on
this or any other planet! Bar none!

Chris

PS Please don't ask me about my kids at the Montana Clave, you don't have
the time!

Old June 23rd, 2004, 12:48 PM
Asadi

Mine was great. I got up a little after five in the morning and came in to
ROFF. Scanned some back posts and read about the W.W.II Memorial project.

Went to a few links, with photos of tired old soldiers and had a pint of Jim
Beam cracked open by ten-thirty....spent the day outside.

Around noon, the wife and little girl came out, gave me a card, said the
loved me and went back inside, Mercifully short and sweet, I thanked them
for that - but - I have been unable to get them to totally ignore me at
times like these, or birthdays, or Christmas....

Holidays, days of torture for the emotionally empty....

john