Another day out(((((((((long))))))))))

Old May 16th, 2004, 04:16 AM
alwaysfishking

Default Another day out(((((((((long))))))))))

Hit the lake by myself at 5:30 this morning.Wind was up a bit so I fished
a back cove off the main lake loaded with sticks. I figure the bass should
be moving up so, I started casting speed worms towards some trees standing
at the waters edge. First bass shot out and grabbed my worm like it hadn't
eaten all month. A nice two pound keeper. That was pretty much how the rest
of the morning went, I boated four or five on Flukes, wacko's and speed
worms, Nothin much, all between 1-3 pounds and a nice mixture of the toothy
critters for good measure.

Figured I would finish up on the main lake, so I headed down the shore
flipping worms to any and all shoreline sticks and brush, Came across a new
patch of grass growing at the waters edge at the end of the lake flipped a
wacky rigged wacko and grabbed the biggest of the morning(Pic posted
a.b.p.f) about 3 and 1/2 Headed in around 8:30 to fly some kites with the
kids.

Got a chance to go back out early this evening also and took my nephew
along for a chance at some good fishing. A thunderstorm looked like it was
gonna roll in but just seemed to hold off, eventually the sun managed to
squeak back out, so we jumped in the car and headed out. I caught 2 small
bass on wacky rigs, and 3 decent ones on a speed worm all 2lb's+, My nephew
grabbed the camera for me and took some great arial displays from some of
the fish hooked, a nice 3 pounder completely out of the water on a a "I'm
not ready for you to touch me yet Jump" Terrific shots but only one problem.
The compact flash card I used is jacked and my computer does not find any
images on the card, even went to wal mart with it and they don't see any
images either. Put the card back into the camera and presto they are all
there, so anyone with experience with compact flash cards and recovery let
me know. I would love to keep these pictures. The other card I used for the
wildlife shots and scenery came out fine, go figure, All in all a good night
as I managed to boat about 8 keepers and lose about the same out in the
sticks including one that could have been well over 5 by the dance he did
before he popped loose. I get to do it all over tomorrow morning too.

R-

Old May 16th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Henry Hefner

Sounds like a great time! I finally got the puddle jumper registered, so
I took it to the local lake yesterday. Caught several dinks and a sand
bass. I was fishing too fast and I know it, but I was getting to know
the lake and the boat, so I still counted it a great day.