montana july 8-18

Old May 12th, 2006, 01:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default montana july 8-18

only two months. still unsure who'll be showing up. other than me,
makela and roger(?), doesn't sound like many distance travelers will be
in the area. small crowds seem to be the deal this year...not many
traveling to penns either. i'm gonna miss the regulars out west,
especially my good friend and fellow traveler, ij. but, each year is a
new adventure. warren promises some interesting hikes into new areas,
and since he won't be burdened with the gink boat duties this year, i'm
looking forward to spending more time on the water with him and learning
a bit more about the great mystery.

fellers, this life squirms away too fast...best get you a handful of it
every chance you get.

jeff ("everything that rises must converge")
Old May 12th, 2006, 02:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Unless I get fired, together with a bunch of other guys, I will go, but
since I was one of the most recently hired at my office it doesn't look
all that good. 75 people out of approx 550 are to be let off.
The cabin is paid for, so if I can't make it I'm hoping that riverman
can, and will, use it.
Will know more in two weeks.

/Roger

Old May 12th, 2006, 03:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"jeff" wrote in message
only two months. still unsure who'll be showing up. other than me, makela
and roger(?), doesn't sound like many distance travelers will be in the
area. small crowds seem to be the deal this year...not many traveling to
penns either.

Sounds like you changed your mind? Coming to Penn's?

i'm gonna miss the regulars out west, especially my good friend and fellow
traveler, ij. but, each year is a new adventure.

IJ will be missed.....no doubt about it. Can't change his mind?

warren promises some interesting hikes into new areas, and since he won't
be burdened with the gink boat duties this year, i'm looking forward to
spending more time on the water with him and learning a bit more about the
great mystery.

I may be slow man now, so I'm bear bait. Gotta get back in shape...

fellers, this life squirms away too fast...best get you a handful of it
every chance you get.

blab, blah, blah..oh wait a minute, I am one of the ones reaching for some
plunder...

jeff ("everything that rises must converge")

mike ("everything that sinks must be a stonefly)

Old May 12th, 2006, 03:35 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

jeff wrote:
only two months. still unsure who'll be showing up. other than me,
makela and roger(?), doesn't sound like many distance travelers will be
in the area. small crowds seem to be the deal this year...not many
traveling to penns either. i'm gonna miss the regulars out west,
especially my good friend and fellow traveler, ij. but, each year is a
new adventure. warren promises some interesting hikes into new areas,
and since he won't be burdened with the gink boat duties this year, i'm
looking forward to spending more time on the water with him and learning
a bit more about the great mystery.

fellers, this life squirms away too fast...best get you a handful of it
every chance you get.

jeff ("everything that rises must converge")

I'm up to about 80%, but still not certain. My heart's there already...

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

Old May 12th, 2006, 03:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Thu, 11 May 2006 20:14:15 -0400, jeff wrote:

only two months. still unsure who'll be showing up. other than me,
makela and roger(?), doesn't sound like many distance travelers will be
in the area. small crowds seem to be the deal this year...not many
traveling to penns either. i'm gonna miss the regulars out west,
especially my good friend and fellow traveler, ij. but, each year is a
new adventure. warren promises some interesting hikes into new areas,
and since he won't be burdened with the gink boat duties this year, i'm
looking forward to spending more time on the water with him and learning
a bit more about the great mystery.

fellers, this life squirms away too fast...best get you a handful of it
every chance you get.

jeff ("everything that rises must converge")

we will be there at the slide... as is always the case, my wife's
birthday arrives on the day the PMD's pop and I will be in Jackson
looking at over priced Bling, hoping to make the evening caddis.
I had to pass on a gracious invitation to float the river on SWMBO's
Bday last year...
It's the price I must pay to play.

Old May 12th, 2006, 04:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"jeff" wrote in message
only two months. still unsure who'll be showing up. other than me,
makela and roger(?), doesn't sound like many distance travelers will be
in the area. small crowds seem to be the deal this year...not many
traveling to penns either. i'm gonna miss the regulars out west,
especially my good friend and fellow traveler, ij. but, each year is a
new adventure. warren promises some interesting hikes into new areas,
and since he won't be burdened with the gink boat duties this year, i'm
looking forward to spending more time on the water with him and learning
a bit more about the great mystery.

fellers, this life squirms away too fast...best get you a handful of it
every chance you get.

jeff ("everything that rises must converge")

missed it for me.. I'll be fishing MT July 22 - 29..

Wouldn't mind fishing with a few of the regular posters...

Old May 12th, 2006, 04:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

I'll be back in 2007, but this year I've got all my chips on Alaska in
August. I will really miss the Madison this year. bruce h

Old May 12th, 2006, 07:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

I'd say I'm about 50:50 right now. If I make it I'll be driving and
car camping at the campground there.....

Old May 12th, 2006, 07:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

I ll go if Chas Willi Warren and John H go and maybe DIck Chaney
and Justice Conner. Other wise it would be no fun

MT
Old May 12th, 2006, 01:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Got a couple of "ifs' in the way. "If" the house in Maryland sells and
"if" the wiff and daughter can get out here, I'll be driving out from
Nebraska and pitchin' a tent/sharing a room with someone.
"If" I can hook up with the Finn on Penns, I might as well fish with
him in Montana. Hey Mike, have you changed your cell phone in the last
year?
Frank Reid