miller's may meandering #1

Old May 23rd, 2007, 02:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Default miller's may meandering #1

end of the day, last pool, near chestnut mt. falls. we walked back,
following a trail up over raven rock cliffs shown in an earlier photo...

Old May 23rd, 2007, 02:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

the rest of these are of the catawba river tailwater below lake
james...this was the first of the nice brown trout i caught.

Old May 23rd, 2007, 02:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Old May 23rd, 2007, 02:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

one of the faster water stretches

Old May 23rd, 2007, 02:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

my friend walt winter, owner of ezflyfish.com and wilson creek
outfitters in morganton, nc... and a decent oarsman as well...

Old May 23rd, 2007, 02:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

end of the day, looking south toward the takeout near a bridge. end of
this leg of the trip...

Old May 23rd, 2007, 02:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

jeff wrote:

second photo shows the cable crossing from upstream, north side - after
having gotten around it. it's much more precarious than this photo
shows...and is perched about 15 feet above a deep fast pool run down on
the left of the picture. i'd probably not have done it without mark's
help. the cable is bolted in the rock on the other side, but just looped
around a rock on this side... no way through this area except by means
of this cable. i'm sure it gets easier with experience, but my vertigo
makes it a chilling part of the trip up the creek.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

raven rock cliff

Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

me with a catawba river brown trout

Old May 23rd, 2007, 05:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Doug

Awesome pictures man! Few pictures make me feel like I really really want
to be there, but those do. You definitely have a talent! Where is the
Catawba river at? Google would be to easy, so I thought I'd ask.

Doug

"jeff" wrote in message
these are some photos of the first leg of my 12 day fishing sojourn.
these are in burke county, upper creek and catawba river.

this is mark bowen teasing some trout with his hump-dis-hopper.