hazel creek entry bridge

Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Willi

Default hazel creek entry bridge

Charlie Choc wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:39:09 -0400, "Wayne Harrison" wrote:

i believe i have an image taken from that exact spot when you and i
went up there in the defender during oct a few years ago. remarkable how
much more the leaves had turned in my shot. although yours is an
excellent composition, no doubt.

;-)

Unfortunately, this is one of the last pictures I have of the Defender. It met
its demise (and I almost met mine) this summer in Utah.

WOW!!!!

Did you lose your trailer too?

How'd you do that?

Willi
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:08:14 -0600, Willi wrote:

WOW!!!!

Did you lose your trailer too?

Yep. Here's a picture of what was left. It ended up about 5' up in a tree. I
wish I could have gotten some pictures of the accident site, but I couldn't get
out by myself and they left me in the Rover until the ambulance got there.

How'd you do that?

An oncoming car darted out from behind a truck and ran me into the ditch. I
rolled 3 or 4 times but all I got were some cuts, bruises and a bum
shoulder.Luckily I was only about a mile from Kanab, UT, and they got me out and
to the hospital pretty fast. The other driver didn't even bother to stop.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Willi

Charlie Choc wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:08:14 -0600, Willi wrote:

WOW!!!!

Did you lose your trailer too?

Yep. Here's a picture of what was left. It ended up about 5' up in a tree. I
wish I could have gotten some pictures of the accident site, but I couldn't get
out by myself and they left me in the Rover until the ambulance got there.

How'd you do that?

An oncoming car darted out from behind a truck and ran me into the ditch. I
rolled 3 or 4 times but all I got were some cuts, bruises and a bum
shoulder.Luckily I was only about a mile from Kanab, UT, and they got me out and
to the hospital pretty fast. The other driver didn't even bother to stop.

That sucks big time! You must have see your life flash while you were
rolling!

Too bad on losing that rig. It was THE Choc signature.

(Glad you're OK)

Willi
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:25:22 -0600, Willi wrote:

Too bad on losing that rig.

Yeah, I miss it. I was able to get a new truck and trailer with the insurance
money, though, but I decided not to spend it on a 10 YO Defender.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Willi

Charlie Choc wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:25:22 -0600, Willi wrote:

Too bad on losing that rig.

Yeah, I miss it. I was able to get a new truck and trailer with the insurance
money, though, but I decided not to spend it on a 10 YO Defender.

What did you get for a trailer? Similar kind of thing? I'm looking for
something.

Willi
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:48:10 -0600, Willi wrote:

What did you get for a trailer? Similar kind of thing? I'm looking for
something.

I got an Adventure Trailer Chaser (www.adventuretrailers.com). These are the
same guys I bought the other trailer from, but now they're making them here
instead of importing them from SA.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Willi

Charlie Choc wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:48:10 -0600, Willi wrote:

What did you get for a trailer? Similar kind of thing? I'm looking for
something.

I got an Adventure Trailer Chaser (www.adventuretrailers.com). These are the
same guys I bought the other trailer from, but now they're making them here
instead of importing them from SA.

I was looking at those. Are you pleased with the quality? As good as
your other?

Willi
Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:56:25 -0600, Willi wrote:

I was looking at those. Are you pleased with the quality? As good as
your other?

I'm happy with the quality of the trailer (I've had it in the Badlands,
Yellowstone/Grand Teton and Moab). It pulls easier than the Fargo and has a
narrower track. The tent is a different brand (Eezi Awn as opposed to Hannibal),
but the quality is as good if not better.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old October 22nd, 2007, 11:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
daytripper

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:51:49 -0400, Charlie Choc
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:39:09 -0400, "Wayne Harrison" wrote:

i believe i have an image taken from that exact spot when you and i
went up there in the defender during oct a few years ago. remarkable how
much more the leaves had turned in my shot. although yours is an
excellent composition, no doubt.

;-)

Unfortunately, this is one of the last pictures I have of the Defender. It met
its demise (and I almost met mine) this summer in Utah.

Holy crap! Geeze, CC, sorry to see this, your rig was one of the coolest I've
seen. Looking at the remains I have to assume you had your seatbelt on.

Got a picture of your new deal?

/daytripper
Old October 23rd, 2007, 12:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:42:32 -0400, daytripper
wrote:
Looking at the remains I have to assume you had your seatbelt on.

Yep.

Got a picture of your new deal?

Here's a couple taken when I was in SD this August.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com