DDFS anyone?

Old November 3rd, 2004, 08:27 AM
riverman

Default DDFS anyone?

"Tim J." wrote in message
newsJVhd.47852$R05.8136@attbi_s53...
Big Dale wrote:
I must have missed the announcement amoung all the political crap.
Sign me up. Let me know what I missed in the announcement. Not sure
what I will tie at this time.

Big Dale

BD, you're number 8 to express interest. If we can get at least 10 of us,
I vote we go for it. Get it - "vote" . . . never mind. Anyway, I'd like to
have a few more, so c'mon tyers - show yer colors!
--
TL,
Tim

IF there's only 10 of us, I suggest we tie two different flies, 10 of each,
for the variety.

--riverman

Old November 4th, 2004, 03:13 AM
tony weall

hey ill be in and my mate will be too
actually he already has his tied in anticipation of a swap
tony
"Svend Tang-Petersen" wrote in message

Ill do the famous TBD as well.

Svend Tang-Petersen wrote:

Tim,

I share Wayne's perspective on this one. I wont be able to start doing
anything until after the 15th and it also depends on the number of flies
etc....

Wayne P wrote:

I am interested. I'll watch the thread and see what happens . . .

wayne

"Tim J." wrote in message
I almost let a piece of roffian history and lore go by unnoticed.
Every
year in the August/September time frame, Joe Fleischman used to host
the
Dog Days Fly Swap. In 2003 I picked up the torch and proudly carried
it
forth in the prescribed manner. In 2004, I brain-farted and forgot
all
about it. BUT IT'S NEVER TOO LATE FOR REDEMPTION! Maybe. . .

I'd be happy to again host this fly swap of flies that people found
particularly successful in the hot days of summer if there is any
interest. I figure the U.S. election is all but done and youse guys
will
need something else to bitch about, so it may as well be my hosting
skills G.

If you're interested respond to this or let me know via email (
kpos3wt
at comcast dot net ). I want to limit this swap to twenty people so
as
not to be overwhelming for anyone (including me.)
--
TL,
Tim

--

Svend

Svend Tang-Petersen, MSc Email: svend AT sgi.com
SGI Pager: svend_p AT pager.sgi.com
1500 Crittenden Lane Phone: (+1) 650 933 3618
Mountain View
California 94043
USA
MS 30-2-526

Old November 4th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Tim J.

tony weall wrote:
hey ill be in and my mate will be too

Okay - that makes ten, so SWAP-ON. The tyers that already signed on can
start tying since you know you'll need to tie at least ten. Since, as
Don mentioned, we're close to the holidays and another swap, I will
leave the count at one fly per participant. So if the count stays at
ten, you'll need to tie ten of whatever fly you want. Hopefully a few
more people will come forward to join. Again, the theme of the swap is
"Dog Days" so they would be flies you find successful in the warm days
of summer.

I'll leave the signup open through the weekend and give everyone the
final count on Monday. I'll need all of your email addresses and the
patterns you'll be tying, so send me an email to kpos3wt at comcast dot
net. We'll follow the general rules Stan Gula wrote up:
http://gula.org/roffswaps/faq.html . Tony - please send your friend's
name, email address, and pattern he'll be tying. If it's okay with both
of you, it might be better for us to post one package to and from the
swap, due to international postage costs.

This is going to be fun!
--
TL,
Tim

Old November 4th, 2004, 03:09 PM
riverman

"riverman" wrote in message

"Tim J." wrote in message
tony weall wrote:
[...]

No, I KNOW I did not send that empty post! I've seen these from other folks,
too. What's up with that??

Anyway, now that I'm here...how long do we have to get them in the mail,
Tim? I'm flying to Nairobi and then on to Zanzibar on Saturday morning for a
week. If you need them to arrive before the first week in January, I'll tie
them all up tonight and send them from Nairobi over the weekend. Otherwise,
I'll send them at the end of the month in the monthly mail.

--riverman