DDFS anyone?

Old November 7th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Tim J

Default DDFS anyone?

Peter Charles wrote:
snip
What we tying, anyways?

"We"? Alright, you're in.G I forgot it takes a few extra days for these
posts to reach Canukistan. Here's the original post:
-------------------
I almost let a piece of roffian history and lore go by unnoticed. Every
year in the August/September time frame, Joe Fleischman used to host the
Dog Days Fly Swap. In 2003 I picked up the torch and proudly carried it
forth in the prescribed manner. In 2004, I brain-farted and forgot all
about it. BUT IT'S NEVER TOO LATE FOR REDEMPTION! Maybe. . .

I'd be happy to again host this fly swap of flies that people found
particularly successful in the hot days of summer if there is any
interest. I figure the U.S. election is all but done and youse guys will
need something else to bitch about, so it may as well be my hosting
skills G.

If you're interested respond to this or let me know via email ( kpos3wt
at comcast dot net ). I want to limit this swap to twenty people so as
not to be overwhelming for anyone (including me.)
--
TL,
Tim

Old November 7th, 2004, 01:33 AM
Peter Charles

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 20:18:13 -0500, "Tim J"
wrote:

Peter Charles wrote:
[...]

OK, so I take it, that means anything I want -- right?

Brown trout weamer -- deadliest fly I've ever concocted. One serious
defect in this fly however, it only catches big fish. If that's a
problem, I'll choose something else.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharl...ers/index.html

Old November 7th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Tim J

bouncer wrote:
Swappers, here's who I have signed up so far:

Big Dale - TBD
Hooked - TBD
JR - Starling & Herl
riverman - SuperPupa
Svend Tang-Petersen - TBD
Tony Weall - TBD
Tony Weall's friend - TBD
Wayne Knight - The Patriot
Wayne Patton - TBD
Me - TBD

We have room for ten more, if anyone else would like to join.

I'm in with a solid TBD,

Glad to have you aboard, Randy. Send an email to kpos3wt at comcast
dot net so I can add you to the email list. Once the swap starts,
we'll go mainly to email. Eight more slots left, folks. Don't be the
last one on your block. . .

BTW, that TBD pattern is already taken.

Can an infrequent postin ROFFian join?

Youbetcha.

Sign me up for a BWO twisted hackle emerger.

Cool. With the additions of Stan, Randy, Peter, and Paul (sounds like a
regrouping of the Beatles), that makes 14 so far. There are 6 slots left and
the signup ends when either 20 are signed or Monday morning, whichever comes
first.

And, Peter, flies that catch big fish have been OK'd by the judges, so
you're on for the weamer.
--
TL,
Tim

Old November 7th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Wayne Knight

"Peter Charles" wrote in message

What we tying, anyways?

Flies dip****

Old November 7th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Wayne Knight

Old November 7th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Peter Charles

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 21:56:18 -0500, "Wayne Knight"
wrote:

"Peter Charles" wrote in message
.. .

What we tying, anyways?

Flies dip****

Jeez, I was hoping it was some cute blonde chick -- I'm pullin' out --
ain't no way to run a swap if you ask me.