Weekend tourney May 5-7

Old May 1st, 2006, 04:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Weekend tourney May 5-7

Ok, Here's the first tourney.

This is a contest built on honesty and integrity, that's the only way it
will last. (I know this didn't need to be written so just ignore it)

Post pictures on the tourney thread in ABPF to enter. Pictures must have
length and weight. It will be best 3 fish for the 3 days. It doesn't matter
which of the days you catch fish but all you can enter is 3 for the weekend.
That's right, no culling. So choose your fish wisely.

Please use a digital scale, if none is available and you have a spring
scale, round it to the next 1/4 lb. If no scale is available, use a ruler
and we will use a universal chart. I will post it tomorrow as a reference.

Please email me with any donations into the prize pool.
remove X to email.

Remember, all donations for the prize pool will be shipped directly to the
winners (Top 3 weights).

The thread will start on Thursday Midnight and you have until midnight
Sunday to get your pictures in.

Add any comments because I'm going to sleep.

Dave V

Old May 2nd, 2006, 02:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Bummer - bass season around here is closed until Memorial Day.

Great idea....

Jim

Old May 2nd, 2006, 04:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

It's a catch and release tourney. Just snap a pic and release, that's legal
enough.

Season around here opens June 1st, but you can fish just not take limits.
They even hold paper tourneys here in the off season.

Dave V

Old May 3rd, 2006, 12:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

On Tue, 2 May 2006 11:40:00 -0400, "David Vito"
wrote:

It's a catch and release tourney. Just snap a pic and release, that's legal
enough.

Dave

Believe it or not - that (taking a pic) is a no-no - when our DNR says
immediate release - they mean it. I spotted a CO when I was at
Cabela's on Sunday and I asked - no pics, no measuring, no nothing.

Now the odds of getting spotted/stopped on some of the waters
I fish are slim and none, but don't you know that about the time I
go to do something like that, guess who will be a watching....

I'll wait until Memorial Day wkend.....

Jim

Old May 3rd, 2006, 01:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Yeah, I know.

OK, Lets wait until June 1st to start this.

Our season opens thenand everyone elses should be open by then as well. We
don't want any tickets and possible license suspensions.

On a positive note, we have all of May to decide what we want to donate for
the contests.

So we can continue this thread to discuss the contest rules. Please, any
comments or ideas are greatly appreciated.

wrote:

It's a catch and release tourney. Just snap a pic and release, that's
legal
enough.

Dave

Believe it or not - that (taking a pic) is a no-no - when our DNR says
immediate release - they mean it. I spotted a CO when I was at
Cabela's on Sunday and I asked - no pics, no measuring, no nothing.

Now the odds of getting spotted/stopped on some of the waters
I fish are slim and none, but don't you know that about the time I
go to do something like that, guess who will be a watching....

I'll wait until Memorial Day wkend.....

Jim

Season around here opens June 1st, but you can fish just not take limits.
They even hold paper tourneys here in the off season.

Dave V
. ..

Old May 3rd, 2006, 05:32 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Larry Runkle" wrote in message
I think it's a great idea David, but my news server doesn't support ABPF,
so I can't post any thing there.

Larry

Use imageshack or photo bucket and post alink here then.

--
Bob La Londe - Webmaster
www.YumaBassMan.com

Tornament Director