Bob & Joe - Big Kiss - Secret Weapons Rule

Old November 23rd, 2003, 01:17 AM
Bob La Londe

Default Bob & Joe - Big Kiss - Secret Weapons Rule

It was a tough bite. The wind was blowing 25-40 mph all day, and the
temperature dropped almost 20 degrees from yesterday.

I missed one nice fish throwing a Mesa Tackle Supply stick worm weightless
as a jerk bait. (dead sticking it)

About noon Hammer picked up a smaller keeper on a spinner bait. Then his
batteries died from fighting the wind all day. We ran several miles up river
and bought a new set of batteries, and went back to the area we had been
fishing.

Hammer picked up another keeper a little bigger than the first slow rolling
the tops of submerged and dieing weed beds. Then I caught one over 2 lbs on
a Secret Weapon. A little bite later I boated another one. I figured it
for over 3 lbs. I got excited and over horsed my next bite, and it pulled
free.

That was it for the day. We wieghed in 10.30 lbs of fish for fourth place
with a field of about 45 teams.

That 3+ weighed in at 4.05 for 1st place big fish.

The Secret Weapon Spinner bait did the trick today at the season opener
Amercian Bass Association tournament.

Ther are about a hundred new anglers who know about Secret Weapon lures now.
For the record when they handed me the mic and pinned me down on what I
caught the big fir the day on Ilet everybody know it was a Secret Weapon
spinner bait and that they should visit www.SecretWeaponLures.com if they
wanted to check them out.

If I had boated either of the other fish I had one we would have had first
or second. On the other hand. I know exactly what I did wrong with both
fish. One I set the hook to early, and the other I over horsed.

Thats a heck of a way to start out the series.

Did I say YEEEE!!!!!!!! HAAAAAA!!!!!!!

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

Old November 23rd, 2003, 01:44 AM
RichZ

Good job!

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old November 23rd, 2003, 03:34 AM
Bob Rickard

Congratulations, Bob. But you know the rules: you lose a winning fish on a
Weapon and you have to fish with the blades backwards your next day on the
water! ;-)
--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

Old November 23rd, 2003, 04:04 AM
go-bassn

Great job Bob! I heard the last day of the BASS Open on Havasu was
cancelled because of high winds. Windy conditions are perfect for throwing
a spinnerbait, good thinking!

Warren

Old November 23rd, 2003, 09:17 AM
George

Then his
batteries died from fighting the wind all day. We ran several miles up river
and bought a new set of batteries

Whew...... good thing the boat didn't run out of gas...... LOL

George
Bucks County, PA
a href="http://www.911bassanglers.com911 Bass Anglers/a
a href="http://www.outdoorfrontiers.comOutdoor Frontiers/a
a href="http://www.nmnp.comNew Media For Non Profits/a
Old November 24th, 2003, 12:41 AM
Craig

Warren wrote: "Windy conditions are perfect for throwing
a spinnerbait"

I totally agree, and a crankbait is perfect when the water and wind is flat
as glass.

--
Craig Bauer
http://c.a.b.home.comcast.net/