anatomical Adams

Old August 11th, 2005, 03:49 AM
rw

Default anatomical Adams

I ran across this very innovative pattern on the web:

http://flytyingworld.com/PagesF/fb-anatomicaladams.htm

As you can see, it comes in both male and female versions.

Old August 11th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Dave Mohnsen

"rw" wrote in message
m...
I ran across this very innovative pattern on the web:

http://flytyingworld.com/PagesF/fb-anatomicaladams.htm
As you can see, it comes in both male and female versions.

Hi rw,
Knew a guy in Colorado Springs, CO who was already tying these back when I
first saw a "pair" back in about 1973-1974. Great old guy. Already an 'ol
fart then. Big bulky, rough hands that surrounded a Thompson A vise. Tied
some neat flies in what I called the the old style . . . silk bodies, quill
wings, sparse hackle from I mostly used to see in the fly shops out here,
even back then. Met him through a friend of mine. It was fun to watch him
tie. He was cautious to warm up to folks, but I was privileged to watch him
tie a few times.
I own a couple of the Anatomical Adams from him.
Just pulled them out to look at them again.
Thanks. Pulled up a nice memory.
BestWishes,
DaveMohnsen
Denver

Old August 14th, 2005, 02:17 AM
sandy

Dave Mohnsen wrote:
"rw" wrote in message
m...

I ran across this very innovative pattern on the web:

http://flytyingworld.com/PagesF/fb-anatomicaladams.htm

....saw the same flies, more or less, in a roadside cafe
just south of Christchurch New Zealand, last winter...tied by
Kenyan fly tiers in the late 1950s.

--
/* Sandy Pittendrigh --oO0
** http://montana-riverboats.com