Fly fishing for Redfish

Old February 25th, 2010, 04:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mark Bowen

Default Fly fishing for Redfish

wrote in message news:cd917288-f557-4792-82e3-

You see, some idiots think that the majority of fish caught by fly
rods are browns and rainbows(and so on), but in Florida there aren't
any. Lots of people catch redfish and bass via flies because you just
can't beat top water. I'm truly sorry that your uneducated about that.

As I have forgotten more information related to fly fishing than you will
ever know, I certainly do not need your assistance. I certainly would never
have asked experienced fly fishers the following questions, unless I was a
complete newbie to fly fishing!

1. Is there an advantage of using 6X tippets over 8X tippets?

2. What are several ways to decrease drag?

3. Are dry flies better than wet flies?

4. Do fish target the eyes of its prey when they strike?

Any experienced fly fisher would know the technical difference between 6X
and 8X tippet, as well as, when they might use one over the other.
Personally, I have never used 8X tippet, but I bet you would never guess
why--and that is exactly what you would be doing, as you know squat about
fly fishing! Tell me, how many redfish or bass have you caught using an 8x
tippet, or how often do you use an 8X tippet in your sal****er fly fishing?

If you lake, pond, or sal****er fish, you have no idea about the effective
techniques use by mountain stream fly fishers, without Googling for an
answer. How often has drag affected your bass, redfish, or any sal****er fly
fishing?

The only reason any fly fisher would consider dry over wet fly, is simply if
they preferred one technique of fly fishing over the other or water
conditions (lake, pond, river, stream...) suggested that one choose wet over
dry or vise/versa. Very few fly fishers would suggest that dry or wet flys
are innately better than the other, under all fishing conditions! Only a dry
fly or wet fly purist would ever think either fly type is better than the
other, without qualification. But you are neither, so you would not have a
clue one way or the other.

Your 4th question is more related to bait fishing or lure fishing, and I
cannot ever recall it being a matter of discussion in the 12 or so years I
have participated in ROFF. Not something I have ever had to consider in my
years of fly fishing--how about you? How much teasing do you do in your
sal****er fly fishing?

By the way, it's "unconvincing" --not unconvencing.

Okay, you got me on a typo--very impressive!

What is your problem? I despise Spammers! You are a Spammer, pretending to
actually care about fly fishing--likely to assuage your battered ego.

......I didn't email you, pal.

If not then why did the following header, with the message stating you were
truly sorry that I felt a certain way, show up in my home, Gmail, and work
email boxes?

from

cc Mark Bowen

dateTue, Feb 23, 2010 at 8:29 AM
subject Fly fishing for Redfish

Sorry you feel the
way you do. I can have discussions in this group just as anyone else
can.

Yes, you certainly can engage in ROFF and there is nothing I can or would
want to do about that. However, if you SPAM the group as you began in your
entry into the group, I can complain to your ISP, as they have Terms of
Service rules that you agreed to follow. Google makes very clear to its
customers that they do not tolerate Spammers' or commercial posts to groups
that prohibit them.

Commercial Posts

Commercial posts are frowned upon in many newsgroups. If you are attempting
to sell goods or services, please make sure you do so in the proper forums
(*.forsale, business groups, etc.).
http://www.newsgroupdirect.com/policies/aup.php

Google Groups Content Policy

10. Spam: Spam takes several forms in Groups, **all of which can result in
deletion of your account** or Group. For example, don't create a Group with
content that is mostly unsolicited advertisements or links to third party
sites. http://groups.google.com/support/bin...&answer=156856

Please, participate in the group--learn something about fly fishing--just
don't pretend you are something you are not and SPAM ROFF. If you
periodically have something for sale, post those items and a link to view
them, but don't try to play me or other ROFF members for fools--I believe I
can safely say that no one I have met personally thru ROFF or know by
talking with them on ROFF is as gullible, as you might have thought.

Hunter