Bank fishing

Old April 8th, 2004, 09:09 PM
AJH

Default Bank fishing

Zimmy, you should learn to be a real PITA and she will beg you to go
fishing..

Old April 9th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Ed Hughes

first off ...my boat died over a year ago and I haven't had the funds to get
it fixed so bank fishing is all I have for now .
A couple of weeks ago we had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon and I
got back from morning fishing too late to remove my gear from the back of
the station wagon . After the appointment took us 3 hours we headed out to
the car and found all my rods and tackle bag were gone .... they did leave
my fishing license ( which was in it's plastic holder on the outside of my
tackle bag ) on the ground behind the car .
I had to do some scrambling to get some old broken reels and rods put
together to at least have something to fish with and got back to it after a
week of withdrawls . The regulars at my closest spot hadn't been catching
much so I headed out to the big lake ( Lake Travis ) at one of the larger
inlet / cove areas and did ok for largemouths about 12 or 13 inches .
Decided to go back and try the closer spot today and a friend who fishes
there alot with artificials only said he had gotten one small one so I
headed up river a little to my usual spot , closer to the boat launch , and
set out my live minnows ... one the bottom and one on the top with a bobber
.. A little later my friend decided to move to the boat launch and got a
couple more small ones , when my bottom line went for a good pull !!!! When
i got a look at the line coming to the top and a flash of the side of the
fish and the amount of pull I hollered at him to bring the net and himself "
quickly " !!! He got to where I was as I got the monster up close and we
agreed it was a good catch . When we got him netted and up on the dry land
he was a real " monster " ...... got out the scale and measured him up at 23
inches weighing in at a little over 6 1/2 pounds .... I would have gotten a
better weight if my digital scale was still in my possesion but the old
spring scale gave us a good enough measurement to see that he was my
personal best . Stayed for a couple more hours and never got another bite
but that one fish made the day and probably the week for me : - )))

Ed

Old April 9th, 2004, 04:22 AM
Craig Baugher

What is wrong with the boat? I have a lot of parts including a couple
powerhead 175HP Mercs

--
Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!

Old April 9th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Ed Hughes

it's a 93 Force 120 ...stator went out and the tilt and trim motor went out
as well as having a fluid leak in one cylinder ... was quoted $1250 for
repairs

Old April 9th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Marty

I boat fished for about 15 years, but those days are largely over and, for
the last 7 or 8 years, the vast majority of my fishing has been from the
bank. More good bass have come from the bank than the boat, but that may
just be a testament to my incompetence in a boat.

On one level, bank fishing is much more relaxing than boat fishing, because
the element of having to locate the fish is removed to a large extent,
especially on the featureless water that I fish. When I do poorly, I can
just tell myself that they weren't within casting distance. That may be a
load of horse manure, but I can still use that for rationalizing my
failures.

I have some places close to home and I'm retired, so time isn't a problem. I
can't stand for too long, so my trips tend to be short, about 1.5 hours, but
I often go three times a day. I just wish that the bass season didn't start
so late in NY (3rd Saturday in June).

Old April 9th, 2004, 09:16 AM
G. M. Zimmermann

Zimmy, you should learn to be a real PITA and she will beg you to go
fishing.

Yes, but with a 5 year-old and three 2 1/2 year-olds, neither of us want to be
left alone with the kids for very long, lol.

-Zimmy
Old April 9th, 2004, 11:06 AM
AJH

I completely understand now..

Old April 9th, 2004, 01:34 PM
alwayfishking

You just have to make up for the fishing time Zimmy, works for me, I have a
5,4,3 year old sitting at home, and my wife has let me go to all the
classics for the past three years by myself, including the upcoming trip to
Okee... come to think of it there is never a shortage of delivered milk in
the house either,, hmmm

Old April 10th, 2004, 04:41 AM
Bob La Londe

THe fluid leak in the cylinder is the expensive proposition. The tilt
motor, and the stator you can fix yourself.

--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index

webmaster