Bank fishing

Old April 10th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Andrew Kidd

Default Bank fishing

Had a friend that had a similar stator issue. He was able to fix it
himself, but found out that the stator was no longer available for his 93
Force. Had to buy an updated one with a conversion kit. Made it a little
more expensive then previously thought, but I don't recall it being what I
would call a cheap fix.

Speaking of bank fishing, (to stay on subject in the thread), went out this
morning for three hours and caught two, lost one. It was a little slow.
Many I'll be glad when my boat gets in. It's rough on the old lower back
and ankles standing on such uneven ground for that length of time...
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
THe fluid leak in the cylinder is the expensive proposition. The tilt
motor, and the stator you can fix yourself.

--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index

webmaster
at
YumaBsssMan
dot
com
"Ed Hughes" wrote in message
m...
it's a 93 Force 120 ...stator went out and the tilt and trim motor went

out
as well as having a fluid leak in one cylinder ... was quoted $1250 for
repairs
"Craig Baugher" wrote in message
What is wrong with the boat? I have a lot of parts including a couple
powerhead 175HP Mercs

--
Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!

Old April 10th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Ed Hughes

The " standing " problem is fixable with rod holders and an inexpensive
collapsable chair ( usually can find one for less than $20 at Wally World
: -))
The Stator is the problem you have described previously .... I did find a
couple of outbaord repair parts sites that list it as an available part but
I'm willing to bet that if I was to order one I would be told it is " no
longer available " .I looked for a seal kit for the tilt cylinder but was
told it was not available and the whole assembly had to be replaced ... yet
at a few sites I did see the seals listed as a seperate item . the motor
itself will have to be replaced outright . I am the first to admit that my
mechanical expertise is limited and therefore I would feel less than
confident about trying to replace these things on my own and will have to
have someone with more knowledge about such things do the job right the
first time .

Ed

Old April 10th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Andrew Kidd

"Ed Hughes" wrote in message
m...
The " standing " problem is fixable with rod holders and an inexpensive
collapsable chair ( usually can find one for less than $20 at Wally World
: -))

Good luck with the motor Ed... As for the standing thing, I'm afraid the
collapsible chair would probably make it worse. I tend to cover quite a bit
of territory when bank fishing. I'll fan cast an area 10-15 minutes, but if
it isn't happening, I'm moving... That chair would probably get a little
cumbersome...

So it might have been more appropriate to say all that standing and walking.
:-)

Man, I'm getting lazy...

Old April 10th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Bob La Londe

There are some after market stators available for may motors. I put an
aftermarket stator on my 1982 Black Max.

--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index

webmaster
at
YumaBsssMan
dot
com
m...

Old April 11th, 2004, 06:12 AM
Marty

Ed Hughes wrote in message
m...
The " standing " problem is fixable with rod holders and an inexpensive
collapsable chair ( usually can find one for less than $20 at Wally World
: -))

The chair wouldn't work for me either because I move around a lot due to the
nature of my waters. And unlike Andrew, my discomfort is in the upper, not
lower, back.