R. Dean is correct

Old October 18th, 2005, 07:39 PM
BJ Conner

Default R. Dean is correct

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Dave LaCourse wrote:

... And, I repeat again: There was no evidence of the RC in
either Pass Christian or Waveland, probably because there was NO
Waveland or Pass Christian for them to go to. No water, no
electricity, no houses, no businesses.

And you said there was no Red Cross in Gulfport too, and you
repeated it again too. Is it safe to assume that you couldn't
find your own arse with both hands and a flashlight much less
a Red Cross shelter with hundreds of people in it ?

--
Ken Fortenberry

That's were the red cross should have been. Not down there wheres
theres "No water, no
electricity, no houses, no businesses."
I donate so they can get three hots and cot to the people who got
nothing. Fat frat boys looking for there "use to be" beach mcmansions
should be on their own. IF the stuff is gone and the people are
somewhere else why should the Red Cross be there?
The Red Cross responded pretty good considering. The best analogy I've
heard for FEMA was "Theres a fire, lets order a fire engine!"

Old October 18th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Sarge

Ken Fortenberry wrote: "A picture is worth a thousand words.
http://www.redcross.org/news/photoessays/katrina/four/
Not only does the Red Cross have a presence in Gulfport, Mississippi, the
Red Cross has a shelter and the shelter is up and running."

When was the photo taken? The Red Cross has just started setting up
distribution centers in New Orleans about a week and half ago. There was no
Red Cross to be seen in the immediately affected areas for the first few
weeks. They claim they spent their time and efforts concentrating on
shelters in areas unaffected by the storm weather but affected by the mass
number of evacuees. This has not been confirmed by me.

I do know that while helping in the affected areas of Slidell, New Orleans,
and Metairie, I did not see one Red Cross worker or center. What I did see
was the Salvation Army going around feeding people, church groups and
business helping the community.

R Dean criticizes the Red Cross for the same thing I observed, yet some
people made rude comments as if he would post comments about the Red Cross
just because he does not like them. Now that someone else has verified that
their trip to the Mississippi Gulf Coast backs up R Dean other continue to
criticize.

Ken you wrote a picture is worth a thousand words. That is usually true but
if that picture was taken during the first week after there would be a lot
more people in the back ground of those pictures. I would bet that the
picture was taken within the last two weeks. I am not sure about the Gulf
Coast but I do know that most of the shelters in Louisiana are closed or
have very few people left in them. The shelter situation is probably the
same in Mississippi.

Sarge

Old October 18th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Tim J.

Dave LaCourse typed:
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:14:10 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

A picture is worth a thousand words.

http://www.redcross.org/news/photoessays/katrina/four/

That was Gulfport, Ken. I said it would be an ideal place for the RC
to set up since there was very little damage and people from Waveland
and Pass Christian went to Gulfport. However, there was no evidence
of RC helpers in Waveland, only churches from Alabam feeding the
people who had neither homes nor vehicles.

Why do you have to turn everything into a ****ing contest?

Because you keep ****ing? Just a guess. ;-)
--
TL,
Tim

Old October 18th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Wolfgang

"Sarge" wrote in message
...This has not been confirmed by me....

Nor, to the best of our recollection, have daylight, gravity, the
circulation of blood, where babies come from, or the lyrics to Louie Louie.

And yet.......

Wolfgang
um......well, o.k., we'll give you that last one.

Old October 18th, 2005, 09:05 PM
GaryM

"Sarge" wrote in
:

Ken you wrote a picture is worth a thousand words. That is
usually true but if that picture was taken during the first week
after there would be a lot more people in the back ground of those
pictures. I would bet that the picture was taken within the last
two weeks.

http://www.redcross.org/news/photoessays/katrina/six/

"September 12-13, 2005 - Hurricane Katrina –Gulfport, Mississippi . Le
Thi is comforted by Red Cross worker Brian Fern of Muncie, Indiana. Le
Thi and her husband Chau do not want to leave their tent, but the area
where they are living is unsafe and they must leave. The Red Cross
workers reassure them that that they are welcome to stay at the local
Red Cross shelter. Photo: Johnny Perez/American Red Cross."
Old October 18th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Wolfgang

"GaryM" wrote in message
74.103...
"Sarge" wrote in
:

Ken you wrote a picture is worth a thousand words. That is
usually true but if that picture was taken during the first week
after there would be a lot more people in the back ground of those
pictures. I would bet that the picture was taken within the last
two weeks.

http://www.redcross.org/news/photoessays/katrina/six/

"September 12-13, 2005 - Hurricane Katrina -Gulfport, Mississippi . Le
Thi is comforted by Red Cross worker Brian Fern of Muncie, Indiana. Le
Thi and her husband Chau do not want to leave their tent, but the area
where they are living is unsafe and they must leave. The Red Cross
workers reassure them that that they are welcome to stay at the local
Red Cross shelter. Photo: Johnny Perez/American Red Cross."

Fake. No doubt about it. If you look closely at the picture it quickly
becomes obvious that it is a crudely photoshopped copy of an original that
showed three stupid white boys with their heads firmly up their (or each
other's......it's kinda hard to tell) asses.

Wolfgang

Old October 18th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Sarge wrote:
I do know that while helping in the affected areas of Slidell, New Orleans,
and Metairie, I did not see one Red Cross worker or center. What I did see
was the Salvation Army going around feeding people, church groups and
business helping the community.

R Dean criticizes the Red Cross for the same thing I observed, yet some
people made rude comments as if he would post comments about the Red Cross
just because he does not like them. Now that someone else has verified that
their trip to the Mississippi Gulf Coast backs up R Dean other continue to
criticize. ...

The only thing verified is that some "first hand" observers
can be right on top of a Red Cross shelter and then report
to roff that there is no Red Cross presence in the area.

That doesn't pass the smell test. The Red Cross ain't perfect
and I don't know why they appear to be on the rabid right's
**** list right now but the Red Cross is one of the best ways
you can spend your charity dollar especially in times of disaster
and anybody who tells you different don't know **** from shinola.
And that includes the Dickie and Louie Ditto Show.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old October 18th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Wayne Knight

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

And you said there was no Red Cross in Gulfport too, and you
repeated it again too.

No, he typed :". There may well have been RC in Gulfport, but, again,
I didn't seem them."

Old October 18th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Dave LaCourse

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:22:45 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

And you said there was no Red Cross in Gulfport too, and you
repeated it again too.

I said I saw no evidence of RC in Gulfport. I don't know if they were
there or not. But *no one* in Waveland spoke of the RC.

Your **** Weasle is gonna get on you for not reading properly.

Old October 18th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Dave LaCourse

On 18 Oct 2005 11:39:23 -0700, "BJ Conner"
wrote:

That's were the red cross should have been. Not down there wheres
theres "No water, no
electricity, no houses, no businesses."
I donate so they can get three hots and cot to the people who got
nothing. Fat frat boys looking for there "use to be" beach mcmansions
should be on their own. IF the stuff is gone and the people are
somewhere else why should the Red Cross be there?
The Red Cross responded pretty good considering. The best analogy I've
heard for FEMA was "Theres a fire, lets order a fire engine!"

Have you been to Waveland or Pass Christian? There are many people
getting 3 hots and a cot from three churches in Alabama who have set
up a tent city on the corner of Rt90 and Rt430. No RC in sight,
anywhere, and no mention of it from the people who were there. "Beach
mcmansions?" I'm talkng about little homes that aren't good enough
for anyone on roff to live in, certainly not you or Fortenberry. Were
big mansions lost? Yes, but so where little homes *six miles* from
the ocean. You don't have beach mcmansions that far from the salt.