Bass Boats

Old September 25th, 2004, 01:20 AM
William Barger

Default Bass Boats

I am curious what type of boats club members fish out of. I had a 1992
Ranger Commanche, but grew tried of the constant repairs. Bought a 1997
Procraft 1500B, but have not had it out yet due to the consecutive
hurricanes we have experienced. Hoping to go maybe next weekend.
Bill

Old September 25th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Bob La Londe

I fish out of a 20 Baker Tunnel our a 2050-16 Waco depending on the tourney
and my plan of attack.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

Old September 25th, 2004, 03:42 AM
RichZ

After running a series of 18 to 21 foot bass boats from 1978 to 1999, for
the past few years, I've been doing most of my fishing from a little 14.5
foot, open glass boat with a pole seat and electric up front and a 20 horse
kicker on the rear.

But just recently, I've started giving more serious thought to moving back
into the big boat world. I don't want to go all the way, because I'm never
gonna be a serious tourney fisherman again. But I've actually thinking nice
thoughts about an 18 foot aluminum G3 with a buck-fifteen or a buck & a
half on the back. I'm hoping I can resist, but you know how hard that bass
boat bug can bite.G

One thing that may help me resist the bug is that I'd have to go back to a
more substantial tow vehicle, too. I tow the little rig I have now with a
little bitty Tracker 4x4 with a sewing machine motor in it, and get 23mpg
pulling the boat around on the hilly, two lane blacktops around here. Not
sure I want 14mpg truck again, just to pull a boat.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old September 25th, 2004, 03:54 AM
Illinois Fisherman

I have a 1986 Glastron 16ft with a 90HP Johnson. Open bow model. I fish in a
wide range of waters from rivers to the Little Bay de Noc in the U.P. I am
near the Chain O'Lakes in Illinois and some of those 35 to 40 footers can
raise a 3 to 4 ft wake. I needed something deeper than a bass boat just to
keep from getting swamped.

Old September 25th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Bob

"William Barger" wrote in message
I am curious what type of boats club members fish out of. I had a 1992
Ranger Commanche, but grew tried of the constant repairs. Bought a 1997
Procraft 1500B, but have not had it out yet due to the consecutive
hurricanes we have experienced. Hoping to go maybe next weekend.
Bill

Me, I'm a small boat fan. My current buggy is a 1970 Grumman Sport Boat @
15' (think square stern canoe on steroids :-), powered by an Evinrude 5hp.
For a picture of it, go to http://www.marathonboat.com/canoes2.htm , it is
at the bottom of the page. Don't even own a trailer for it at this time,
though I will be picking one up in the spring for more civilized fishing
locations (that and staring at 49 candles on the old birthday cake will do
it). Just heave it into the back of either a Ford Ranger (wife's) or my '92
Dodge diesel 3/4 ton. Both of these get me over 20mpg on the road. For
bigger trips up to Ontario, I have a 5'x8' utility trailer with 2.5'
sidewalls. Just load it up with gear, flip the boat on upside down, tie it
down and go.

As far as launching goes...
Boat ramp? We don' need no stinkin' boat ramp! But then again, I am a bit
fond of the "away from the maddening crowds" style of fishing.

My dad has also given me free reign of his Grumman V hull 16' Walleye style
aluminum boat whenever I want it, unsure what year it is, but it was from
when OMC owned the name, so probably around '94 or '95. Nice boat, lots of
storage (compared to mine), big flat deck with lots of room. The only
complaint that I have is that for some strange reason he purposely ordered
this boat with tiller steering instead of console. I have taken to using
this one quit a bit around the home area, which for me is central Wisconsin,
and includes Castle Rock and Pettenwell flowages on the Wisconsin river.
Though for any type of stump-jumping water, I go for the Sport Boat.

My first boat was a 1974 Starcraft bass boat, at least that is what they
called it. This was in the VERY early days of bass style boats, and no one
really bothered to figure out back then what would make a decent fishing
platform. Couldn't really get the hang of that thing and sold it in '76 for
nearly the same price that I had paid for it. Not a bad investment!

My next boat? I am starting to look at Jon style boats in the 15'-16' range,
I particularly like the features of the Triton 16' stick steer model.
Probably pick one up in about 2 years. If the wifey likes me enough :-D

Cast far, fish often, and always dream about the next boat and big fish.
Bob

Old September 25th, 2004, 01:57 PM
alwaysfishking

11 foot bass buddy, electric motor only, or sometimes I fish from the
"Predator" that's 10 foot but much fun...much much fun!!!!!!!!!!!