Trouble pumping in gas

Old March 6th, 2004, 10:51 PM
DWM 5150

Default Trouble pumping in gas

Old March 6th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Charles Summers

Try turning the pump handle completely up-side down. I don't know why, but when I try to pump it in the right way it either cuts off, or spills out.

2002 Nitro 700LXDC

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

"DWM 5150" wrote in message ...
I have a 2003 Basstracker Pro 165 and every time I pump gas in, it will
take me about 20 minutes to fill it up. Not that it has a huge gas tank,
it just pumps in about 5 or 6 cents at a time and stops like the tank is
full when its clearly not. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any
suggestions?

DWM

Swee****er Bassmasters
Old March 6th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Andrew Kidd

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
Try turning the pump handle completely up-side down. I don't know why, but
when I try to pump it in the right way it either cuts off, or spills out.

2002 Nitro 700LXDC

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
http://www.secretweaponlures.com

I had to fill my Nitro exactly the same way. Of course, I wouldn't
recommend leaving it alone for even a second. The auto stop function
doesn't seem to work correctly (or quickly enough) using the pump upside
down. It makes that funny sound when it's coming up the fill tube, so if
you can listen for that sound to start, stop pumping!

--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

Old March 7th, 2004, 12:50 AM
UMFCHRFISH

I have the same problem filling my tv18,,,in fact I took it back to the dealer
thinking that sold me the wrong tank. What has to be done is you have to fill
it very slowly. Like others that posted I turn the handle upside down to fill
but you still have to fill it slowly. It takes a good amount of time to fill at
40gl tank

Fishon Fishhard

Harold "Howie" Range
911 Bass Anglers
Delaware Valley Outdoors
Old March 7th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Charles Summers

I usually life the rear lid and watch how full it's getting. I hate going
fishing smelling like gasoline.

Old March 7th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Todd Copeland

You might want to check the air vent to the tank to make sure as gas is
beiong pumped in, the air is allowed to escape.Otherwise the air backs up
out of the filler nozzle and this might create enough pressure for the pump
to turn off.

(also, non html posts would be better in a non-binary group)

Old March 8th, 2004, 12:31 AM
DWM 5150

also posts would be better in a non-binary group.....

What does this mean? LOL

DWM

Old March 8th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Andrew Kidd

"DWM 5150" wrote in message
also posts would be better in a non-binary group.....

What does this mean? LOL

DWM

DWM,
Actually the line was :

"(also, non html posts would be better in a non-binary group)"

Todd is referring to the fact that you posted an HTML sig line (shown below)
in a non-binary group (non-picture group). Typically considered bad form.
Not a biggy, he was just pointing this out to you before someone did it in a
much nastier manner (it kinda freaks some people out), and when abused can
cause other problems... :-)

--WebTV-Mail-11895-3007

HTML
FONT SIZE="6" COLOR="cornflower"Swee****er Bassmasters/HTML

img
src="http://www.angelfire.com/sports/bearshelp/fishinggifs/bassboatfishin.gi
f"/HTML

Old March 8th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Dan Hosek

"Todd Copeland" wrote in
news
You might want to check the air vent to the tank to make sure as gas
is beiong pumped in, the air is allowed to escape.Otherwise the air
backs up out of the filler nozzle and this might create enough
pressure for the pump to turn off.

On older Merc I/O's, when the vents are even partially restricted, you
could get a vapor lock.

It sounds pretty stupid, but what you did to solve it was disconnect the
vent from the thru-hull fitment, make sure your gas cap is off, and blow
the vapor out the tank (along with some slight gas spillage so be careful).

Old March 8th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Richard Liebert

I had the same problem with my Bass Tracker Jet. The air vent hose was
squeezed nearly shut just inside the black plastic fill assembly. My dealer
had to remove the fill assembly to grind aluminum away to free up (un-kink)
the hose. It's fine now, fills just like my car. You can E-mail or call me
if have any questions. E-mail me for my phone number. You'll have to clean
up my E-mail address first.

"Dan Hosek" wrote in message
"Todd Copeland" wrote in
news