Kind of funny

Old March 31st, 2004, 03:41 AM
John Kerr

Default Kind of funny

I have bragged some about my son's fishing accomplishments, but I have
neglected bragging about my grandson's fishing skills .
Jordan, my grandson won the kids fishing derby last year in San Diego,
and it seems one of the sports reporters for the San Diego Union thought
it would be neat to call him and do an interview on how he felt about
defending his championship in the upcoming derby. My son John answered
the phone, and the lady reporter asked if she could speak to Jordan
Kerr. John said, sure, I'll get him..the lady said, are you his father?
John answered yes, and she asked if she could ask him a couple questions
first...."did you teach Jordan how to fish?", John said yes. "How often
do you get a chance to take Jordan fishing?". John told her he use to
get out with him almost every week, but they didn't get to do that as
much lately. She said, "I guess with work and all it's hard to find the
time to just relax and go fishing anymore, hu?". John said, I still get
to fish quite a bit, and every chance I get I try and take Jordan with
me. Then she asked, "Did you ever get a chance to fish in a tournament
like Jordan does?". John said, yes, I fish in some tournaments. She
asked, "Did you ever win one like your son did?". At this point, John
told me he was almst laughing to himself, and told her...."Yes, I've won
a few tournaments.". She asked him what the biggest tournament he had
ever won, and John said, "The U.S.Open.". There was silence for a
minute, then she said..."Oh my God...are you John Kerr, the big bass
guy?". John laughed, and said, I guess so. She said, "I never put the
names together, I had no idea Jordan was "your" son!". Then John
said...let me get Jordan for you, he thinks he's the best fisheman in
this house anyway! John got a laugh out of it...me too.
JK

Old March 31st, 2004, 05:57 AM
Henry Hefner

That was great, thanks for sharing.

Old April 1st, 2004, 02:49 AM
alwayfishking

funny
"Joe Haubenreich" wrote in message
Hey, I like that.... well told!

Joe

Old April 1st, 2004, 03:22 AM
Charles B. Summers

Yup... kinda funny! I love it!

How'd Jordan do defending his title?

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

Old April 1st, 2004, 03:23 AM
Charles B. Summers

Oh yeah... I was watching fishing shows last Friday night when Hank Parker
came on fishing with Mike Long and a couple of others. I was kinda hoping to
see you son right there with them.

Old April 1st, 2004, 03:45 AM
John Kerr

Kind of funny

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Wed, Mar 31, 2004, 8:23pm From:
(Charles=A0B.=A0Summers)
Oh yeah... I was watching fishing shows last Friday night when Hank
Parker came on fishing with Mike Long and a couple of others. I was
kinda hoping to see you son right there with them.
--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
http://www.secretweaponlures.com
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Charles, Mike and John usually do shows together, but Mike doesn't fish
the "pro" events, just team events with John. He is mostly the big bass
hunter. So I imagine John was off on a tournamnet thing when that was
filmed...I'll ask him.
JK
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Old April 1st, 2004, 03:47 AM
John Kerr

Kind of funny

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Wed, Mar 31, 2004, 8:22pm From:
(Charles=A0B.=A0Summers)
Yup... kinda funny! I love it!
How'd Jordan do defending his title?
--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
http://www.secretweaponlures.com
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Awwww, he finshed 3rd, but I'm a proud gandpa anyway grin! He was
excited when I talked to him...he won a rod and reel , and some other
stuff.
JK
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Old April 1st, 2004, 04:15 AM
John Kerr

Default Kind of funny(Charles)

Here is a pic of John and Jordan with a nice fish...you have to scroll
down to the one with John and him.

http://www.trophybassonly.com/id105.htm