The Minnow Bucket

Old February 18th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Jim Laumann

snippage....

Thanks, Jim. If you have any digital pics, email 'em to
if you are so inclined.
1/16 - 3/32 sounds thin to me to span any real distance. I'll have to
get a piece and test it out. And a tip for REALLY cheap aluminum. Lots
of people sell usable pieces to scrap dealers, who will usually sell to
you for their normal markup per pound.
I have an idea in my head now for alternative rod storage. If it comes
to anything, I'll take pics and post a link.

Henry

I was "guessing" as to metal thickness - the factory storage boxs on
my boat aren't real thick - I will double check the thickness and post
it for you. For braces, supports, etc, 1/8 aluminum angle will work,
there may be other avail - just going by what is avail at the local
building supplys.

I was thinking of the use of the sheet metal for compartment side
walls - ie fastened to braces, etc. If it was something that was going
to have to support me over any span, its got to be much thicker.

I will see what I've got for pics....

Jim

Old February 20th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Jim Laumann

Thanks, Jim. If you have any digital pics, email 'em to
if you are so inclined.
1/16 - 3/32 sounds thin to me to span any real distance.

Henry

I checked the metal thickness on the storage boxes in my boat
and the bench seat metal thickness. Both are 1/16". The boxes
have two 90 degree bends in them (below) which helps to stiffen them,
and the bench seats are full of foam....

Will send you a pic when I find them.

Jim

! !
!