Berkley swivels

Old June 26th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Skysurfer

Default Berkley swivels

Hi, guys. I'm needing to find Berkley swivels, no.2, rated @ 250lb break,
those chromed ones. I'm having a hard time finding them. Tried worldwide,
for several days, now, with no luck. I want to buy packets of 144, every now
and again. Even tried Gerry's @ Morcambe, with no luck. They're on their
stock list, but are always out. Anybody know where to get 'em?

TIA

Skysurfer.

Old June 26th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Phillip Gower

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 20:40:42 +0100, Skysurfer uttered the immortal words:

Hi, guys. I'm needing to find Berkley swivels, no.2, rated @ 250lb break,
those chromed ones. I'm having a hard time finding them. Tried worldwide,
for several days, now, with no luck. I want to buy packets of 144, every now
and again. Even tried Gerry's @ Morcambe, with no luck. They're on their
stock list, but are always out. Anybody know where to get 'em?

Just checked www.veals.co.uk and they have the 250lb and 400lb on their
catalogue list. Don't know if they are in stock. Drop Dave Box an email
and he will be only to happy to help you out. Before you ask, I am just a
satisfied customer of theirs

They are sold in packets of 30

TIA

Skysurfer.

Old June 28th, 2004, 07:22 AM
Davy Holt

In article eclDc.230$326.220@newsfe1-win, Skysurfer
wrote
Hi, guys. I'm needing to find Berkley swivels, no.2, rated @ 250lb break,
those chromed ones. I'm having a hard time finding them. Tried worldwide,
for several days, now, with no luck. I want to buy packets of 144, every now
and again. Even tried Gerry's @ Morcambe, with no luck. They're on their
stock list, but are always out. Anybody know where to get 'em?

Hiya,

Most shops will be able to order them in, I know the local shop here in
Clydebank has no problem getting them for me when I need them. One
question though if you don't mind me asking, why so many ????
I use them every trip and am lucky if I go through 10 a year.
--
Davy Holt *** The Scottish Angling Homepage ***
Clydebank *** www.thecatchalot.co.uk ***

MSN Messenger:
ICQ : 81258455
Yahoo Messenger : davyh_2001

Old June 29th, 2004, 06:49 AM
Skysurfer

Well, I use them to fly with. Literally.
They are used as a part of a weak link system we've devised to parascend
with. Berkley's, because they all seem to pop at around the same stess
level. Thanks for the replies, I've ordered some from Veals.
I tried the unlikely sounding 'Catfish Consevation Society', but the only
number they give seems to be a data stream, but not a fax. Wierd.

Anyhoo, thanks a lot guys, I'm just a bit nervous giving out my credit card
number unless it's a recomended shop.

Skysurfer

Old June 29th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Phillip Gower

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 06:49:51 +0100, Skysurfer uttered the immortal words:

Well, I use them to fly with. Literally.
They are used as a part of a weak link system we've devised to parascend
with. Berkley's, because they all seem to pop at around the same stess
level. Thanks for the replies, I've ordered some from Veals.
I tried the unlikely sounding 'Catfish Consevation Society', but the only
number they give seems to be a data stream, but not a fax. Wierd.

Anyhoo, thanks a lot guys, I'm just a bit nervous giving out my credit card
number unless it's a recomended shop.

I have used my credit/debit card with veals without any problem
whatsoever! And their delivery is bloody good!

Skysurfer

Old June 29th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Phillip Gower

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:21:14 +0100, Skysurfer uttered the immortal words:

On the subject, what are 400lb used for? Killer whales?

Small pouting

Old June 29th, 2004, 08:21 PM
SEAANGLING

On the subject, what are 400lb used for?

Instead of weights.Cheers, Norman.