Penns Raffle

Old May 22nd, 2005, 03:11 AM
Frank Reid

Default Penns Raffle

Okay, the raffle is normally Tuesday night. Was wondering if we want to
have it earlier in the day (break tradition in case of drake spinner fall)?
If there's even a slim chance of spinner fall, I can't see anyone getting
off the water.
Secondarily, if the drakes are on, I won't be around to make any barley
stew. I could make it before hand, freeze it and bring it up like that.
Just heat it up in the evening.
Ideas, comments?

Old May 22nd, 2005, 01:12 PM
Thomas Littleton

"Frank Reid" moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf wrote in message
Okay, the raffle is normally Tuesday night. Was wondering if we want to
have it earlier in the day (break tradition in case of drake spinner

fall)?
If there's even a slim chance of spinner fall, I can't see anyone getting
off the water.
Secondarily, if the drakes are on, I won't be around to make any barley
stew. I could make it before hand, freeze it and bring it up like that.
Just heat it up in the evening.
Ideas, comments?

The idea of a mid-day feed might be a very good one, at this time of year.
Thus, if the Clavemeister and his Handy pal get lost, it will be in broad
daylight, and the locals might still be awake to give us directionsG
Tom

Old May 22nd, 2005, 02:28 PM
asadi

"Frank Reid"
comments?

Well Frank, since I can't make it, I shouldn't comment, but I will....

Go with what enables the fresh made stew.

john

Old May 23rd, 2005, 02:00 AM
Mike

Frankie since you hogged most of the fish in April you can make fresh
stew and if no-one shows up just make a few grunting sounds and i am
sure you will have a friend come and eat with you or eat you because he
had dieing rear for 4 days last May and hasn't fogotten what you smell
like !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Handy One

Old May 23rd, 2005, 02:35 PM
Frank Reid

Frankie since you hogged most of the fish in April

Quote of the year: Tom: "I think these guys have been fished over." Frank:
"Yeh, by me!" By the way, who put you on the biggest fish you've ever
caught at Penns? :-)

you can make fresh
stew and if no-one shows up just make a few grunting sounds and i am
sure you will have a friend come and eat with you or eat you because he
had dieing rear for 4 days last May and hasn't fogotten what you smell
like !!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Handy One

Well, I'm thinking that since we won't have Wolfy in his bear baiting
outfit, Hemlock Acres will be rampant with bears.
In all honesty, the stew freezes well, so I think I'm gonna cut back on the
huge pot and just bring it pre-cooked. I'll be in a cabin this year, so
will be able to keep it frozen. I'm going to try something really radical
and use beef. We'll probably not have the 10 pound loaf of rye bread, so
will have to find something.
If those drake spinners are dropping, I fully intend to be on the water.

--
Frank Reid
Euthenize to respond