Question GFS

Old March 4th, 2006, 01:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Question GFS

Received my flies today & they are very nice - kudo's to all incl. the
swapmeister.
However, I thought that (after riverman finked out :0)there were at least 21
tiers. (I sent in 22) I only received flies from 19 tiers. As far as I can
tell I did not receive flies from Cody or Kahuna. Not a huge deal, but I'd
like to know what I missed.
Bob Weinberger
La Grande, OR

Old March 4th, 2006, 01:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Bob Weinberger" wrote in message
Received my flies today & they are very nice - kudo's to all incl. the
swapmeister.
However, I thought that (after riverman finked out :0)there were at least
21 tiers. (I sent in 22) I only received flies from 19 tiers. As far as I
can tell I did not receive flies from Cody or Kahuna. Not a huge deal, but
I'd like to know what I missed.
Bob Weinberger
La Grande, OR

Sorry to respond to my own post, but on checking again I find I do have
Mike's & Cody's flies, but syill only 19 tiers represented.
Bob Weinberger
La Grande, OR

Old March 4th, 2006, 01:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Bob Weinberger" wrote...
Received my flies today & they are very nice - kudo's to all incl. the
swapmeister.
However, I thought that (after riverman finked out :0)there were at least
21 tiers. (I sent in 22) I only received flies from 19 tiers. As far as I
can tell I did not receive flies from Cody or Kahuna. Not a huge deal, but
I'd like to know what I missed.
Bob Weinberger
La Grande, OR

21 minus Frank (who decided not to tye), minus your own submission (nice
emerger, BTW) equals 19.

Dan

Old March 4th, 2006, 01:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Bob Weinberger" wrote in message
Received my flies today & they are very nice - kudo's to all incl. the
swapmeister.
However, I thought that (after riverman finked out :0)there were at least
21 tiers. (I sent in 22) I only received flies from 19 tiers. As far as I
can tell I did not receive flies from Cody or Kahuna. Not a huge deal, but
I'd like to know what I missed.
Bob Weinberger
La Grande, OR

Once again Mr. Church has done an *outstanding* job as our
Swapmeister...and you guys have outdone yourselves. Wonderful group of flies
represented.

I was in two (actually more...but for our purposes) swaps at the same
time; and along with my ROFF flies the package came in from The Drake Swap.
All flies are going into a flybox; and will be donated to the fundraising
efforts of the Merrymeeting Bay Chapter of TU to raise funds for our
"Casting to the Future" high school kids program.....where we teach the High
Schoolers for 3 Saturdays in the spring, and then take them (gratis) on a
trip to catch landlocked Salmon at Maine's famed Grand Lake Stream for the
Colombus Day wekend. Thanks to all that contributed to that effort. The
kids always really appreciate it. (And, obviously.....a GREAT thanks to
Frank for doing the dirty-work once again).

Dave Martel

Old March 4th, 2006, 05:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Bob Weinberger" wrote in message
Received my flies today & they are very nice - kudo's to all incl. the
swapmeister.
However, I thought that (after riverman finked out :0)there were at least
21 tiers. (I sent in 22) I only received flies from 19 tiers. As far as I
can tell I did not receive flies from Cody or Kahuna. Not a huge deal, but
I'd like to know what I missed.
Bob Weinberger
La Grande, OR

.......Bob, Kahuna or whoever he is, never sent any flies so he crapped out
too. I'm sorry if I missed Cody's fly but I can send you a copy if you want
it.
Meanwhile I'm basking in shorts in the warm Florida sun waiting for the wind
to die down so bro and I can ketch us some bluegills. Should be home Tuesday
if I can tear myself away from here. :-(

Frank Sr.
ex-swapmeister

Old March 4th, 2006, 09:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

{:O) I'm Mike also known as "Kahuna", my son is Cody and we both sent
flies. {:O)
Thanks!
Mike "Kahuna" Bernardoni