Mid-Tenn Classic 2005 Results

Old May 1st, 2005, 01:13 PM
Joe Haubenreich

Default Mid-Tenn Classic 2005 Results

When I idled away from Edgar Evans State Park cabins at 4:00 this morning,
about a third of the participants had already left. The rest should now be
awakening to their first glimpse of sunrise in three days. I may be the
first to have a chance to post results, so although some members haven't
arrived home safely, I'll go ahead and do so.

This year's event, the fifth held in Tennessee, was as fun as ever. Those of
you who "almost made it" need to plan now to attend the Northwoods Classic
in August and/or next year's MTC. Once you've attended, you never want to
miss these. To those of you who hoped to come but could not due to
circumstances, we look forward to seeing you again at a future event.

We extend special thanks to those who chipped in to arrange for and pay for
the trophies, and to Papa John Norton, who again joined us this year to
serve as weighmaster. Ronnie provided some real, fish-weigh-in digital
scales -- a real advance over previous years. And, of course, thanks to
Charles Summers who organized this year's event.

Several participants brought gifts and prizes. Steve Huber of Outdoor
Frontiers fame awarded one of his custom-built rods as the first place
prize. This year he crafted a 6.5-foot (might have been an inch or two
longer) drop-shotting spinning rod. With Fuji SIC guides built on a St.
Croix blank with painstakingly applied wraps, it was beautiful to behold, a
pleasure to hold, and as with all Steve's work, built tough to deliver years
of reliable and trouble-free use. I know it will treasured by its winner and
increase his fishing enjoyment. Steve and Outdoor Frontiers also contributed
a 7-foot St. Croix Avid Med-Heavy casting rod as the second place prize.
Thanks, Steve!

Dan contributed two twenty-five dollar gift certificates, good for any
store, shop, or restaurant that accepts U.S. currency. Home Depot provided
two $25 gift certificates. Other tackle items, including Zoom lizard kits,
Zoom fluke kits, bags of soft plastics, crankbaits, scents, weights, hooks,
Yo-Zuri and Stren monofilament line, boat-seat organizer attachments,
fishing nets, fishing caps (including a number of BASS hats autographed by
Ray Scott), were donated by participants and their employers or hometown
tackle dealers. At the risk of leaving someone out, I'll single out Jerry
Barton, Kevin Hare, Charles Summers, Mark Swain, Chris Schroeder, Randy
Lisk, and Ronnie Garrison for arranging for these or purchasing these
donated products themselves. If there are others, someone please post it so
we can recognize them, too.

First, the obligatory excuses..... Thunderstorms, heavy downpours, wind
gusts, and unseasonable chills made this year's event a little more
challenging than it might otherwise have been. Most of us lost two or three
hours of tournament fishing time on Friday when we took shelter to wait out
the lightning storms. There were no reports of injury, no significant
mechanical problems with the boats, and as usual everyone enjoyed excellent
accommodations, plenty of good food, beautiful scenery, and great company.
Several fronts passing through in rapid succession may have affected the
bite, so patterns worked out one day didn't usually pan out the next, but
most everyone was able to adjust and some decent numbers of bass were
weighed in both days.

Saturday evening, Charles Summers tallied all the results. At the Rose
Garden Restaurant off I-40 at the Smithville exit (great food at reasonable
prices, by the way, but no beer to Sean's dismay) trophies were awarded,
prizes presented, thanks given, and invitations to "come fish on my home
lake sometimes" were offered. A perfect way to cap off three or four days of
fishing, food, and fun.

OK.... here is what you were waiting for: the results.

Overall 1st Place: Sean Barton
Overall 2nd Place: Joe Haubenreich
Big Bass: Drew with a 5.27# largemouth

Friday 1st place team : Sean Barton/Drew Berger (9.06#)
Friday 2nd place team: Charles Summers/Randy Lisk (9.02#)

Saturday 1st place team: Mark Swain/Ken Tyree (13.42#)
Saturday 2nd place team: Joe Prestwood/Joe Haubenreich (11.06#)

Day 1
Sean Barton 5 @ 7.69#
Ronnie Garrison 3 @ 6.16#
Kevin "Heavy" Hare 3 @ 4.83#
Charles "BassPro" Summers 4 @ 4.55#
Randy "Alwaysfishking" Lisk 3 @ 4.47#
Steve Huber 3 @ 4.46#
Joe "TNBass" Haubenreich 3 @ 4.29#
Jerry Barton 2 @ 2.98#
Drew Berger 1 @ 1.37#
Dave Johnson 1 @ 1.13#
Ken Tyree 0
Mark Swain 0
Joe Prestwood 0
Dan (danl) Bolle 0
Chris Schroeder 0
Ed 0
Michael Vines & Judy (Team) 0

Day 2
Joe "TNBass" Haubenreich 5 @ 7.56#
Ken Tyree 4 @ 7.25#
Randy "Alwaysfishking" Lisk 4 @ 6.97#
Drew Berger 2 @ 6.91#
Mark Swain 4 @ 6.17#
Sean Barton 3 @ 4.5#
Charles "BassPro" Summers 3 @ 4.17#
Jerry Barton 3 @ 3.97#
Kevin "Heavy" Hare 3 @ 3.63#
Joe Prestwood 3 @ 3.44#
Dan (danl) Bolle 3 @ 3.44#
Steve Huber 2 @ 3.07#
Chris Schroeder 1 @ 2.37#
Ed 1 @ 0.99
Ronnie Garrison 0
Dave Johnson 0
Michael Vines & Judy (Team) 0

Total
Sean Barton 8 @ 12.19#
Joe "TNBass" Haubenreich 8 @ 11.85#
Randy "Alwaysfishking" Lisk 7 @ 11.44#
Charles "BassPro" Summers 7 @ 8.72#
Kevin "Heavy" Hare 6 @ 8.46#
Drew Berger 3 @ 8.28#
Steve Huber 5 @ 7.53#
Ken Tyree 4 @ 7.25#
Jerry Barton 5 @ 6.95#
Mark Swain 4 @ 6.17#
Ronnie Garrison 3 @ 6.16#
Joe Prestwood 3 @ 3.44#
Dan (danl) Bolle 3 @ 3.44#
Chris Schroeder 1 @ 2.37#
Dave Johnson 1 @ 1.13#
Ed 1 @ 0.99#
Michael Vines & Judy (Team) 0

Old May 1st, 2005, 09:20 PM
Charles B. Summers

The results have been posted on the Mid-Tenn Classic site
(www.midtennclassic.org) and we are waiting for pictures. As soon as I
receive them, they'll be added to the site as well. I'll post a link here.

"Joe Haubenreich" rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com wrote in
message ...

Old May 3rd, 2005, 01:35 AM
Joe Haubenreich

In my haste to post MTC results, I completely forgot to mention the shipment
of Lunker Lures lures donated by Rich Z. Charles distributed them to
participants in plenty of time for us to use them at the Hill.

Thanks, Rich! I apologize for the oversight.

I also neglected to mention in my list of results that Randy
"Alwaysfishking" Lisk took the third overall trophy, less than a half-pound
out of second. Randy was already planning how he would use the 7-foot St.
Croix rod that was awarded for second place. Not only did I walk off with
the rod, but somehow two fish nets that Jerry gave him ended up with my gear
as well. I'm real sorry about that, Randy.

Joe

Old May 4th, 2005, 04:13 AM
Joe Haubenreich

Yep... that's true. Mike had already given me a copy a couple years back.
You're in for a treat.

Joe
ink.net...