Online License

Old October 6th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Willi & Sue

Default Online License

I got an online license today for my trip to Idaho. When I was filling
out the online form, they asked for my SSI#. After I put it in, a new
page opened that had all my personal information already filled in
including full name, address, phone number, drivers license number, age,
weight etc. etc. I've purchased alot of stuff online and I've never come
across this before. They weren't using their own past records because
I have never purchased an Idaho license before. It kind of spooked me.

Were they able to immediately obtain this information because they are a
government agency or can all vendors access this information if they choose?

Willi

Old October 6th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Danl

"Willi & Sue" wrote in message
I got an online license today for my trip to Idaho. When I was filling
out the online form, they asked for my SSI#. After I put it in, a new
page opened that had all my personal information already filled in
including full name, address, phone number, drivers license number, age,
weight etc. etc. I've purchased alot of stuff online and I've never come
across this before. They weren't using their own past records because
I have never purchased an Idaho license before. It kind of spooked me.

I think you may be suffereing from CRS, Willi. You either bought an Idaho
license a couple of years ago, or you poached all those fish during the
"Ain't No Dry Fly Fishing in the Rockies Past Labor Day... So Says Forty"
Clave.

Danl

Old October 6th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Willi & Sue

Danl wrote:

"Willi & Sue" wrote in message

I got an online license today for my trip to Idaho. When I was filling
out the online form, they asked for my SSI#. After I put it in, a new
page opened that had all my personal information already filled in
including full name, address, phone number, drivers license number, age,
weight etc. etc. I've purchased alot of stuff online and I've never come
across this before. They weren't using their own past records because
I have never purchased an Idaho license before. It kind of spooked me.

I think you may be suffereing from CRS, Willi. You either bought an Idaho
license a couple of years ago, or you poached all those fish during the
"Ain't No Dry Fly Fishing in the Rockies Past Labor Day... So Says Forty"
Clave.

Danl

Brain Fart!!! (And maybe getting paranoid too!!!)

Willi

Old October 6th, 2004, 04:51 AM
rw

Willi & Sue wrote:

I got an online license today for my trip to Idaho. When I was filling
out the online form, they asked for my SSI#. After I put it in, a new
page opened that had all my personal information already filled in
including full name, address, phone number, drivers license number, age,
weight etc. etc. I've purchased alot of stuff online and I've never come
across this before. They weren't using their own past records because
I have never purchased an Idaho license before. It kind of spooked me.

Yes, you did. Henry's Fork. Your memory sucks. :-)

BTW, I used 5x tippet for that big rainbow at Rattlesnake Lake. :-)

Old October 6th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Chas Wade

Willi & Sue wrote:

Brain Fart!!! (And maybe getting paranoid too!!!)

They are out to get you, depend on it.

Chas
remove fly fish to reply
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/w...ome.html-.html
San Juan Pictures at:
http://home.comcast.net/~chasepike/wsb/index.html

Old October 6th, 2004, 06:19 AM
rw

Mark Tinsky wrote:

Whats the url to get one on line ? MT

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/licenses/

Remember to get a "stealhead" tag. :-)

Old October 6th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Chas Wade

Willi & Sue wrote:
I got an online license today for my trip to Idaho.

I just did this too. It looks like we won't be able to keep steelhead
because we won't have our steelhead punch cards in time. I intend to
ignore that and make notation on the substitute license I printed if I
decide to keep any fish. It was a bit annoying to find out after
paying for the lecense that I'd have been better buying it at a store
so I could get the steelhead card too.

Oh, well, it will take a lot more trouble than this to spoil the trip!

See you Thursday afternoon.