Beach Fishing

Old July 2nd, 2005, 11:13 PM
Herb Master

Default Beach Fishing

Ok, Im fairly new to sal****er fishing but not fresh water, this July
Ill be traveling the North Western coast of the U.S. in hopes to catch
some sal****er fish, unfortunetly I wont have a boat so ill be fishing
from shore, or a dock or maybe a small raft in a quite cove. What can
i expect to catch, what should i use for bait (live and fake), and can
i use a simple open bail rod with 16 pound test for most of the fish???

THX for the info

Old July 5th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Tex John

If you plan on using your rod for bailing, be sure to keep the plug in the
boat...oh right no boat, sorry...

:)

37 years old and can't recall last time I heard someone use that phrase...or
even what it means!

oups.com...

Old July 6th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Herb Master

and what phrase was that, "open bail" is that not what you call a
normal freshwater real also known as a flip real i could say. Or is it
that i spelt bail incorrectly?

Old July 6th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Sarge

Open bail reel

Spinning reel?

Old July 6th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Tex John

Flip reel?

Man, must mean spinning real, yes?

Are you English? Remind me of one of my current bosses who is...

John

Old July 7th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Herb Master

I just grew up calling them open bail, at least up north in MN they
call them that. but yes i meant a spinning real, but im pretty sure
most reals spin.

Old July 7th, 2005, 04:05 AM
Tex John

Eh, that would be a baitcast reel...not spinning reel...according to those
pics...and don't I wish I was there!!!!

Old August 17th, 2005, 01:26 AM
Dave & Andria Reeve

I use a hand line, 8 lb test, small squid and cath planty broad mouth shad 9
inches plus

wrote in message
On 6 Jul 2005 19:54:42 -0700, "Herb Master"
wrote:

I just grew up calling them open bail, at least up north in MN they
call them that. but yes i meant a spinning real, but im pretty sure
most reals spin.

Spinning Reel -- http://tinyurl.com/cutzj
Conventional Reel -- http://tinyurl.com/7ofl9
Closed Face Reel -- http://www.zebco.com/