Fishing reels-Question

Old April 3rd, 2004, 05:27 PM
Aa Aa

Default Fishing reels-Question

Okay, what is your favorite baitcaster?

Most of the ones I own are Curados. But I was thinking about buying a
Quantum Accurist to see what its like.

Anybody have any thoughts on the Accurist?

Thanks....

Old April 3rd, 2004, 05:49 PM
AJH

A Quantum? Why do you want to go to a inferior reel? Most reel repair
guys will tell you the Curado is the best reel for the money..

Old April 3rd, 2004, 10:48 PM
Moe Conway

A Quantum? Why do you want to go to a inferior reel? Most reel repair
guys will tell you the Curado is the best reel for the money..

Really? If that's the case, how would a reel repairman know?

--
The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no
trade-in value.

Old April 3rd, 2004, 10:56 PM
AJH

Because he uses Curado's after working on other reels...This came from a
couple of respected reel repair guys...

Old April 4th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Moe Conway

Because he uses Curado's after working on other reels...This came from a
couple of respected reel repair guys...

Then any user would know and being a reel repairman makes no difference.

Old April 4th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Charles B. Summers

When I was looking for a new baitcaster, I was steered away from the
Accurist from people here. They suggested the Curado, and I liked them so
much I now own 5 of them.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

Old April 4th, 2004, 12:34 AM
\The Shadow\

Only a "couple" of "respectable" repairmen were surveyed.My that was a hell
of a poll o

--
"The Shadow"
Millennium Rods

Old April 4th, 2004, 01:29 AM
J Buck

Only a "couple" of "respectable" repairmen were surveyed.My that was a
hell of a poll o

Because he uses Curado's after working on other reels...This came from
a couple of respected reel repair guys...

Then any user would know and being a reel repairman makes no
difference

Not sure I understand the criticism. If someone asks an opinion of
something in whatever one's field is, why wouldn't the assumption be
that he would value it?

Old April 4th, 2004, 02:11 AM
AJH

The reason the reel repair guys used Shimano is they didn't want to work
on their own reels after working on others all. the time...Not my words,
just what they said. I don't use Shimano reels or the ones starting with
a "Q" Maybe if reel guys don't know about reels, guides don't know how
to fish and rod makers can't build rods...grin