Catfish bait for small lakes with 3lb Channel cats

Old August 22nd, 2007, 05:49 PM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
[email protected]

Default Catfish bait for small lakes with 3lb Channel cats

what is the best bait,for smaller lakes,with stocked 3lb cats or upto
8lbs. ;;;Diane

Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:55 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Rodney Long

Rodney Dunce wrote:
wrote:
what is the best bait,for smaller lakes,with stocked 3lb cats or upto
8lbs. ;;;Diane

This is a common question, answered many times here. Cotto salami works
good, as does sliced baloney. Cats seem to like it better if you
take a bite out of it and don't hook it through more than once.
leave the paper wrap around the circumfrance so the hook doesn't pull
out. the human bite shape is the same and they think their buddies or
family has already had a taste and so they want one too. Use barbless
hooks ONLY as they see the barb and won;t hit. they will follow it to
the boat if slowly trolled because it has a nice swimming action and
then you can get them with the net.

That is so funny it hurts

The real answer, is almost anything works for those cats from stink
baits to cut bait,, Shrimp is a great bait for those type cats, shell
them first. Hot dogs work much better than baloney, but I have seen
people use baloney, rolled into a bait that will fit in their mouths

Chicken liver is an awesome bait, (never frozen fresh liver is better
than frozen), wrap about 10 inches of sewing thread around the baited
hook (no knot needed) and it will stay on the hook when casting,, and
greatly reduce most of the bait lost when they bite.

Don't use a whole piece of liver, 1/4 piece is plenty for any size cat,
I caught a 22 lber on a piece the size of your thumb nail

Also cats don't know what a barb is, no fish does, they don't even know
what a hook is, and they also don't know what a bite looks like or care
if another fish has been feeding on their meal

--
Rodney Long
SpecTastic Wiggle rig
Old August 23rd, 2007, 09:31 PM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
[email protected]

On Aug 22, 8:55 pm, Rodney Long wrote:
Rodney Dunce wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Formally the Mojo Wiggle righttp://spectastictackle.com/- Hide quoted text -

THANK You Rodney,i thought the thing about the barb and who got to the
bate first WAS FUNNY!!anyway thank you Both for the info...Bajagal

Old September 7th, 2007, 03:17 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Z Z

IT'S ALL IN FUN RODNEY.

YOU HEAR ABOUT THE BLONDE THAT WENT FISHING FOR STEELHEAD? SHE SWERE'S
THE BEST BAIT IS A MAGNET
ZZ

Old September 7th, 2007, 03:21 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Z Z

OLD STINK BAIT YOU STILL OUT THERE?
ZZ

Old September 7th, 2007, 01:36 PM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Bob

"Z Z" wrote in message
OLD STINK BAIT YOU STILL OUT THERE?
ZZ

Glad you posted that. I have been wondering about him for the last
few days.
About 3 or 4 years ago I gave him on outboard engine, and was
wondering how it worked out for him.
Bob-tx

Old October 3rd, 2007, 03:37 PM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
[email protected]

On Sep 7, 5:36 am, "Bob" wrote:
"Z Z" wrote in message

OLD STINK BAIT YOU STILL OUT THERE?
ZZ

Glad you posted that. I have been wondering about him for the last
few days.
About 3 or 4 years ago I gave him on outboard engine, and was
wondering how it worked out for him.
Bob-tx

Who is stink bait,and why is that his nick name? just wanted to know
LOL

Old October 4th, 2007, 01:41 PM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
[email protected]

On Oct 3, 2:46 pm, Rodney Long wrote:
wrote:
OLD STINK BAIT YOU STILL OUT THERE?
ZZ
Glad you posted that. I have been wondering about him for the last
few days.
About 3 or 4 years ago I gave him on outboard engine, and was
wondering how it worked out for him.
Bob-tx

I think he died, at least that is what I heard

--
Rodney Long
SpecTastic Wiggle rig

Oh well,thats life i guess,hes in a nice new boat,with a new pole and
fishing gear,and catching huge catfish!!!...Bajagal.