Is the drought affecting fishing across the Tri-State?

Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:36 PM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Garrison Hilliard[_2_]

Default Is the drought affecting fishing across the Tri-State?

Read mo http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/weather/weat...#ixzz21TpD2p9h

LOVELAND, Ohio - Even though we've had some rain recently, it's still not enough to quench our drought. In the summer, the dry conditions can really affect a lot of the activities you enjoy around the Tri-State.

We went out to Lake Isabella in the Loveland area to find out if our moderate drought has affected fishing.

Lake and pond levels are low due to evaporation, falling water table and lack of rainfall to recharge them, but that isn’t stopping fishing buddies, Arson and Ron.

“It ain’t bothering it to much, to tell you the honest truth. You’ve got to find the fish. You’ve got to get in the boat, look around. The fish are somewhere out there. Sometimes they’ll come down to the deeper water, where it’s cooler,” said Arson Franklin DeBorde

Arson and Ron have been fishing together at Lake Isabella for about five or six years.

They said that the lower levels bring smaller fish and less bites. Spring is best, when it’s cooler because it brings out the bigger fish.

The two also get more bites when the water levels are higher.

“When the water got up into the parking lot here, we were wading with our waders and come over here along this bank and that day, I hooked 22 catfish," Ron explained.

So, even though the lake levels are low…the fish aren’t as big or biting as much… these two fishermen are still having a great time.

Ron remembers, “the best day we had in number were 48…I caught 28 and he caught 20. I beat him! Ha, ha! But I hardly ever do…”

These two had plenty of “fish” tales of the most fish and the biggest fish they’ve ever caught.

Arson and Ron say that the best time to fish is at night.

Like Sarah Walters on Facebook

Sarah Walters on Twitter: @Sarah_Walters

Read mo http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/weather/weat...#ixzz21TpNvcXz