Bigger not always better

Old July 16th, 2004, 03:31 PM
alwaysfishking

Default Bigger not always better

Well my travels took me towards Cabellas in Hamburg P.A yesterday.
Specifically for red gammy hooks and zoom speed worms. Needless to say they
didn't have either, most disapointing to say the least. I asked an associate
and they told me they didn't carry either product. What's up with that? They
had the regular gammy hooks and plenty of zoom products but not a single
speed worm or a red off set hook. I wound up buying some livin eye jigs and
some white grubs and a strike king kit. I had come prepared to spend at
least 100.00 maybe more on soft plastics and hooks but wound up spending
about 30.00 instead. I didn't even bother to keep looking around. ( all
though I did stare at about a 6-8 lb bass in the tank for a while) I was
just amazed that a store of that magnitude would not have everything under
the sun. Wal mart had my red hooks for 2.37 a 5 pack, Local store carried
the speedworms Go figure

Old July 16th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Chris Rennert

Doesn't that always kill ya, I get the same thing when I go to Bass Pro in
Gurnee looking for specific things. It always seems to be hook selection
where I get burned. Oh well, I drive there less and less and just use the
Internet more and more.

Chris

Old July 16th, 2004, 09:59 PM
alwaysfishking

I didn't even look at all the fish Warren. I did see an amazingly big
crappie. I just wanted some hooks : (

Old July 17th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Thundercat

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:31:16 -0400, "alwaysfishking"
wrote:

[...]

While they didn't have the red gammies when I was there, they did have
the red Daiichi in 3/0. Don't know what size you were looking for
though. Also they were in the next aisle over from the majority of
freshwater terminal tackle. There were over in the aisle with all the
striper / salt water stuff.

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.