Is it always this good?

Old October 25th, 2004, 10:51 PM
GasMan

Default Is it always this good?

Fly casting lesson Monday
Buy tackle Saturday after practise in car park
More practise with own fly tackle (Greys Missionary 9'3" 5 piece Reel
and floating line) on local canal Monday
Saturday - off to local lake - just stocked - 2 trout to eat - 11 catch
and release! on day ticket supplied by retailer of tackle who also
showed me what to do. (Flyonly Holmfirth - great people)

Monday - receive email accepting membership of club - will get access
this weekend.

Guess who cant sleep?

GasMan
Old October 26th, 2004, 12:18 AM
laxhill

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:51:21 GMT, GasMan wrote:

Fly casting lesson Monday
Buy tackle Saturday after practise in car park
More practise with own fly tackle (Greys Missionary 9'3" 5 piece Reel
and floating line) on local canal Monday
Saturday - off to local lake - just stocked - 2 trout to eat - 11 catch
and release! on day ticket supplied by retailer of tackle who also
showed me what to do. (Flyonly Holmfirth - great people)

Monday - receive email accepting membership of club - will get access
this weekend.

Guess who cant sleep?

GasMan

Sounded like you'd been dreaming already ;-)
Keith

Old October 26th, 2004, 06:38 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , laxhill
writes
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:51:21 GMT, GasMan wrote:

Fly casting lesson Monday
Buy tackle Saturday after practise in car park
More practise with own fly tackle (Greys Missionary 9'3" 5 piece Reel
and floating line) on local canal Monday
Saturday - off to local lake - just stocked - 2 trout to eat - 11 catch
and release! on day ticket supplied by retailer of tackle who also
showed me what to do. (Flyonly Holmfirth - great people)

Monday - receive email accepting membership of club - will get access
this weekend.

Guess who cant sleep?

GasMan

Sounded like you'd been dreaming already ;-)
Keith

Sure you fishing in the stock pond?.....(Jealous comment) :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Old October 26th, 2004, 11:06 PM
GasMan

W. D. Grey wrote:
In article , laxhill
writes

SNIP
Saturday - off to local lake - just stocked - 2 trout to eat - 11 catch
and release! on day ticket supplied by retailer of tackle who also
showed me what to do. (Flyonly Holmfirth - great people)

SNIP

Sounded like you'd been dreaming already ;-)
Keith

Sure you fishing in the stock pond?.....(Jealous comment) :-)

Well if it is a stock pond it is about 5 acres. Plenty more to go for. LOL

Roll on saturday

--
GasMan
Old October 26th, 2004, 11:06 PM
GasMan

W. D. Grey wrote:
In article , laxhill
writes

SNIP

Old October 28th, 2004, 10:52 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , GasMan
writes
Well if it is a stock pond it is about 5 acres. Plenty more to go for. LOL

Roll on saturday

Try something black - fish slow and deep. Please let us know how you get
on.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old October 30th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Dave P

Try something black - fish slow and deep. Please let us know how you get
on.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

I lurk in this group and pick up advice...........

My club has a dozen hill lochs for brown trout and with the season being
closed I headed to its one rainbow loch. I fished 'something black - fish
slow and deep' and on my 2nd cast caught a lovely fish of a 1lb. The club
only stocks a few hundred fish for the winter season each year.

Pleased I fished on and nothing else happened! So I switched to a floating
line, 3 flies, 1 diawl bach, a buzzer and a goldhead montana nymph and
fished them statically. Success! Caught my biggest fish ever ( remember I
normally take wild browns...) of 3.5lb! I guess its a grown on fish from a
previous year's stocking. Wahay. Great thing is this season I've caught 87
brownies, and these two rainbows... all for £50 a year!!

So 'something black - fish slow and deep' is good advice, buts so is the
static nymphing!

TTFN

Dave

West Argyll

Old October 30th, 2004, 09:22 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , Dave P
writes
So 'something black - fish slow and deep' is good advice, buts so is the
static nymphing!

That was the general idea - couldn't agree more.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk