Recipes, anyone?

Old May 30th, 2008, 10:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Recipes, anyone?

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_127519.asp

If it ever happens here, my guess is it would start in ...
California :-)

Jon.
Old May 31st, 2008, 03:40 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On Fri, 30 May 2008 14:27:57 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_127519.asp

If it ever happens here, my guess is it would start in ...
California :-)

Well, if it ever does, we can hope it ends there, too :-)

Fortunately, the Greens hold little sway Stateside. I doubt they could get
anything like this passed - even in the land of fruits, nuts and flakes :-)

Meanwhile, I expect there'll be a lot of net-less Swiss "accidentally"
dropping their catch back in the water. Repeatedly and often - them fish is
slippery, ya know...

/daytripper (and that'll be just fine)
Old May 31st, 2008, 03:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On May 30, 8:40 pm, daytripper wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2008 14:27:57 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_127519.asp

If it ever happens here, my guess is it would start in ...
California :-)

Well, if it ever does, we can hope it ends there, too :-)

Fortunately, the Greens hold little sway Stateside. I doubt they could get
anything like this passed - even in the land of fruits, nuts and flakes :-)

Meanwhile, I expect there'll be a lot of net-less Swiss "accidentally"
dropping their catch back in the water. Repeatedly and often - them fish is
slippery, ya know...

/daytripper (and that'll be just fine)

Whatever. My prediction stands: 2025.
Old May 31st, 2008, 10:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sat, 31 May 2008 07:40:35 -0700 (PDT), Halfordian Golfer
wrote:

Whatever. My prediction stands: 2025.

And only stocked fish by 2050.

Old May 31st, 2008, 11:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

wrote:
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_127519.asp

If it ever happens here, my guess is it would start in ...
California :-)

Jon.

What is the point of banning BOTH C&R and barbed hooks?

Old June 1st, 2008, 01:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On Sat, 31 May 2008 16:09:07 -0600, rw

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_127519.asp

If it ever happens here, my guess is it would start in ...
California :-)

Jon.

What is the point of banning BOTH C&R and barbed hooks?

A rule promulgated by idiots, the point is atop their heads...

/daytripper (obviously)
Old June 1st, 2008, 03:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On May 31, 6:15 pm, daytripper wrote:
On Sat, 31 May 2008 16:09:07 -0600, rw

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_127519.asp

If it ever happens here, my guess is it would start in ...
California :-)

Jon.

What is the point of banning BOTH C&R and barbed hooks?

A rule promulgated by idiots, the point is atop their heads...

/daytripper (obviously)

It's fairly obvious that humankind is moving, inextricably, towards a
more humane relationship with wild animals.

You have a choice.

1) call them idiots or
2) try to understand their point of view while protecting your right
to harvest from God's abundance

My only caution would be that you should consider the scope of this
problem and the trends, carefully. As fun as it may be you are not
arguing with me. You are arguing with the inhabitants of all those
lofts that are being constructed in the urban reformations. They eat
sushi and raise puppies and outnumber you 100 to 1. To quote Russell
Chatham, "their only encounter with un-reconstructed nature is
stepping in a pile of poodle excement on the sidewalk".

I've said my piece on this for 2 decades, yet, admittedly, even I was
stunned by the clarity of the wording, because it cut directly to the
core of the issue, far sooner and far more clear than I had
anticipated. It about sums it up. "it is not permitted to go fishing
with the 'intention' to release the fish.", the word "intention" being
fulcrum.

Anyway, the jig is up. This one has been decided.

This specific question should become a lot more real now: If I had to
kill the fish I catch, would I still fish?

--
Halfordian Golfer
Guilt replaced the creel
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Halfordian Golfer wrote:
On May 31, 6:15 pm, daytripper wrote:

On Sat, 31 May 2008 16:09:07 -0600, rw

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_127519.asp

If it ever happens here, my guess is it would start in ...
California :-)

Jon.

What is the point of banning BOTH C&R and barbed hooks?

A rule promulgated by idiots, the point is atop their heads...

/daytripper (obviously)

It's fairly obvious that humankind is moving, inextricably, towards a
more humane relationship with wild animals.

You have a choice.

1) call them idiots or
2) try to understand their point of view while protecting your right
to harvest from God's abundance

I repeat:

What is the point of banning BOTH C&R and barbed hooks?

I could see banning fishing altogether as being at least logically
consistent, but this? It's absurd.

------
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On Jun 1, 10:10 am, rw wrote:
Halfordian Golfer wrote:
[...]

Why not ask them rw? Nothing I say will satisfy you anyway.

Halfordian Golfer
Culling. Bait. Think.
Old June 1st, 2008, 06:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On Jun 1, 10:10 am, rw wrote:
Halfordian Golfer wrote:
[...]

Guys. I've unsubscribed from ROFF. Just not worth the abuse from a few
people.

If you want me I'll respond to polite posts in alt.flyfishing and, if
ever in Colorado, get hold of me there and I'll see if I can arrange a
pass with ya or send ya some bugs.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer
Guilt replaced the Creel.