deep water fishing?????

Old August 21st, 2006, 09:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ken Blevins

Default deep water fishing?????

I'm forcing myself to learn deep water fishing and am not having a lot of
success.The rod I picked to use is a 7ft All-star extra heavy rod with 15lb
braid . the reel is a curado 201 .I got 4 bites yesterday in about 5 1/2
hr.I hooked 3- boated one ..Most of the deep channels I fished were 25 - 35-
ft ..What is the best deep water set up in your opinion.???? MH rod ? mono
line? spinning reel?? .
Thanks in advance
Ken Blevins

Old August 21st, 2006, 10:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
BIG FISH 2006

Ken I like using G. Loomis IMX 7' - 7 1/2 ft. med. heavy rods, I like 8
lb. P-line floroclear line, and for the business end a gambler 6 1/2 in.
" Swacky worm" wacky riged in the center of the worm with a 1/0 worm
hook, my choice of colors are geen pumpkin candy, watermelon w/ red and
plum apple when fishing clear water, sour grape and black neon in
stained to dark water.
Robert

Old August 22nd, 2006, 01:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rich P

Hey Ken, I'm kinda in the same boat right now, no pun intended. My recent
trip to Lake George was my first real trial in deep water fishing, and it
went pretty well. Having said that, any idiot can catch lots of 11 fish in
Lake George. It's by far the easiest body of fresh water I've ever fished.
But at least I got an idea how to drop shot, which was huge. This weekend I
visited a lake near my home in NJ called Round Valley and boy was it a
different story. in 9 hours I boated 8 fish. Three of them were rock bass
and the other 5 black bass were all under 10" long. I think the real trick
to deep fishing is locating the fish, getting them on the hook is probably
the easy part. Anyhow, I'm developing a liking for the drop shot, and I did
well bouncing a yamamoto grub on a 3/8oz leadhead too. The drop shot is
easy and effective. If you feel confident in a particular plastic, try it
on the drop shot and see what happens. I did really well with 4" senkos
about 2' above the weight. Check out these recently mentioned articles from
participants of this group on drop shot tecniques.

Rich P

http://www.warrenwolk.com/dropshotti...mmiespart1.htm

http://www.richz.com/fishing/articles/dropshot.html

Old August 22nd, 2006, 06:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
WARREN WOLK

Hey Rich, glad to hear your Lake George trip went well. Did you get
anything in the 3# class? Any pics? Told ya it was a great place to learn
the ds technique!

Warren

. ..

Old August 22nd, 2006, 06:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rich P

Check out my post on ABPF, I hit a smallmouth over 4. And I have some spots
for you if you're interested, contact me directly if you want them.

Rich P

http://www.pianorebuilder.com

"WARREN WOLK" wrote in message
Hey Rich, glad to hear your Lake George trip went well. Did you get
anything in the 3# class? Any pics? Told ya it was a great place to learn
the ds technique!

Warren

. ..