How bad can it get?

Old March 30th, 2006, 02:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default How bad can it get?

I love this story.

Some goober Repub nutcase, running for the seat of disgraced, convicted,
sentenced, and serving-time-for-bribery Rep. (R) "Duke" Cunningham, put
a photo of a peaceful Iraq town on his website, citing it as an example
of how everything was hunky-dory in Iraq, despite all the biased
only-bad-news from Iraq coming from the so-called left-wing media.

http://www.pnionline.com/dnblog/atty...es/003008.html

The only problem is that it was a photo of Istanbul, Turkey.

Old March 30th, 2006, 02:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 01:33:30 GMT, rw wrote:

I love this story.

Some goober Repub nutcase, running for the seat of disgraced, convicted,
sentenced, and serving-time-for-bribery Rep. (R) "Duke" Cunningham, put
a photo of a peaceful Iraq town on his website, citing it as an example
of how everything was hunky-dory in Iraq, despite all the biased
only-bad-news from Iraq coming from the so-called left-wing media.

http://www.pnionline.com/dnblog/atty...es/003008.html

The only problem is that it was a photo of Istanbul, Turkey.

It's Clinton's fault.
Old March 30th, 2006, 03:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

daytripper wrote:
On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 01:33:30 GMT, rw wrote:

I love this story.

Some goober Repub nutcase, running for the seat of disgraced, convicted,
sentenced, and serving-time-for-bribery Rep. (R) "Duke" Cunningham, put
a photo of a peaceful Iraq town on his website, citing it as an example
of how everything was hunky-dory in Iraq, despite all the biased
only-bad-news from Iraq coming from the so-called left-wing media.

http://www.pnionline.com/dnblog/atty...es/003008.html

The only problem is that it was a photo of Istanbul, Turkey.

It's Clinton's fault.

Hilary or Bill? :-)

I'm willing to cut the guy some slack. He probably got back from his
trip (which was evidently routed through Istanbul, Turkey), uploaded his
photos, and searched for one that supported his preconceived,
ideological case. I'm willing to believe that he FORGOT that it was
taken in Istanbul. I mean, no one, in this day and age of the Internet
and blogs and Google and all, could possibly believe that such a howler
would go undetected. Could they?

I'm willing to believe that he may not be dishonest, but merely incompetent.

Old March 30th, 2006, 03:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Some goober Repub nutcase running for the seat" = "merely incompetent"

Goes with the territory.
Frank Reid

Old March 30th, 2006, 03:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Old March 30th, 2006, 03:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Fer sure, fer sure.
Frank

Old March 30th, 2006, 03:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Frank Reid wrote:
"Some goober Repub nutcase running for the seat" = "merely incompetent"

Goes with the territory.

The weird thing is that I'll bet this goober has lots of photos of quiet
Baghdad streets. Those are easy, but maybe not as photogenic as
Istanbul. They require no courage -- merely a military escort -- but
even then you're not really safe. Ask Bob Woodruff, ABC News.

Old March 30th, 2006, 04:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 02:06:33 GMT, rw wrote:

daytripper wrote:
On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 01:33:30 GMT, rw wrote:

I love this story.

Some goober Repub nutcase, running for the seat of disgraced, convicted,
sentenced, and serving-time-for-bribery Rep. (R) "Duke" Cunningham, put
a photo of a peaceful Iraq town on his website, citing it as an example
of how everything was hunky-dory in Iraq, despite all the biased
only-bad-news from Iraq coming from the so-called left-wing media.

http://www.pnionline.com/dnblog/atty...es/003008.html

The only problem is that it was a photo of Istanbul, Turkey.

It's Clinton's fault.

Hilary or Bill? :-)

Both...oh, wait - y'all are Dem loonies, so it's Bush's...
Old March 30th, 2006, 04:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

rw wrote
...a photo of a peaceful Iraq town on his website, citing it as an

example
of how everything was hunky-dory in Iraq, despite all the biased
only-bad-news from Iraq coming from the so-called left-wing media.

Speaking of the right bashing the left-wing media over pessimistic
coverage, this one gave me a chuckle as I read the Sunday paper earlier
this week.

http://www.thejournalnews.com/cartoo...es/032306.html

-dnc-
note which wing came off

Old March 30th, 2006, 09:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

In article et, rw
wrote:

I'm willing to cut the guy some slack. He probably got back from his
trip (which was evidently routed through Istanbul, Turkey), uploaded his
photos, and searched for one that supported his preconceived,
ideological case.

I find it hard to go along with this. I've travelled all over Turkey,
and bits of Syria, Iran, Iraq. As soon as you get to the border from
Turkey, you notice the change from the familiar alphabet which you can
often work out, to the arabic (the arabic script is used in Iran, too,
although the language is Indo-European) which, if you're me, you can't.

I don't believe anyone who had been both to istanbul and Baghdad, even
just for a day in each, could make this mistake.

Lazarus