Went bank fishing this afternoon.

Old May 25th, 2004, 03:31 AM
John Kerr

Default Went bank fishing this afternoon.

Just couldn't stand it, great weather, so I took off early to go sailing
with my brother. But when I got to his house, he had left on an
emergency call. A bit bumed out, I decided to not waste the time off,
had my gear with me so I headed for my favorite bank spot...an old creek
channel with a couple nice points on it out at Kentucky Lake. Started
throwing some top waters (that's what I was rigged with), nothing
happening, so I swiched to a soft jerk bait, nothing there either. Put
my trusty ole worm on, decided to throw across the creek channel, and
work it down the other side.....first cast, before the worm sank a
couple inches, looked like a cow fell in the water , about a 5#er (I
don't carry a scale, so guessing). On 5# mono, and a light spinning
rig...fun, fun! Kept at it like that and caught 3 more 2-3 lbs., almost
thank my brother, I love sailing, but to catch a 5# bass would be my
choice any day!
JK

Old May 25th, 2004, 04:14 AM
Henry Hefner

John Kerr wrote:
[...]

Mine, too! I carry a little fishing gear in my company truck, you never
know when you are going to have a few free minutes with bassy water in
sight!
Old May 26th, 2004, 01:04 AM
alwaysfishking

It's ike the american express, I don't leave home without it, minimum two
rods and full tackle bag in car at all times