fly lines

Old January 8th, 2004, 04:49 AM
gary

Default fly lines

The other day I found a place that sold fly line "seconds" has any one
ever purchased one? How did it work out?

Old January 8th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Bill Kiene

You might try one if it is under $20?

The most expensive floating trout size fly line is only ~$55US.

In most books on fly fishing they recommend you put the most money into your
fly line, then the rod and lastly the reel.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA
www.kiene.com

hlink.net...

Old January 8th, 2004, 04:21 PM
gary

These are $8.50 and state to be made for a brand name, but without the name
of course. For that money I might take a chance. I have purchases other
items as seconds and been perfectly statisfied.

"Bill Kiene" wrote in message
. ..
You might try one if it is under $20?

The most expensive floating trout size fly line is only ~$55US.

In most books on fly fishing they recommend you put the most money into

your
fly line, then the rod and lastly the reel.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA
www.kiene.com

hlink.net...

Old January 8th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Ken Fortenberry

gary wrote:

The other day I found a place that sold fly line "seconds" has any one
ever purchased one? How did it work out?

I don't know about "seconds", but I bought a thing called a "mill end"
from Norris of Penrith once and it was total crap.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old January 8th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Bill Kiene

Gary,

For that little I would give it a try. Give us a report some day.

Years ago one of the line company Reps said the packaging cost them more
than it did to produce the fly line.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA
www.kiene.com

"gary" wrote in message
. net...

These are $8.50 and state to be made for a brand name, but without the

name
of course. For that money I might take a chance. I have purchases other
items as seconds and been perfectly statisfied.

"Bill Kiene" wrote in message
. ..
You might try one if it is under $20?

The most expensive floating trout size fly line is only ~$55US.

In most books on fly fishing they recommend you put the most money into

your
fly line, then the rod and lastly the reel.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA
www.kiene.com

hlink.net...

Old January 8th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Sierra fisher

The few seconds that I have seen did not have an even coat of plastic or pvc
on the core. sometimes this was only a half an inch or so, and on some,
the flaw was on the running line. If you get one with a good head, it would
definitely be worth the price

"gary" wrote in message
hlink.net...
The other day I found a place that sold fly line "seconds" has any one
ever purchased one? How did it work out?

---