Brenig 2004

Old February 10th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Reg Sweetmore

Default Brenig 2004

Now that we have sorted out Andrew's Scotland Holidays, can we give some
thought for a suitable date for Brenig.
As the last one was so successful, I can't wait to return with my mate Alec
so that we can show you how to fish it!*****.
Cheers & Tight Lines,
Reg (Diamonds)

Every Day Is A Bonus!
Make The Most Of It!

http://www.sweetmore.fsnet.co.uk

Old February 10th, 2004, 09:36 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , Reg Sweetmore
writes
Now that we have sorted out Andrew's Scotland Holidays, can we give some
thought for a suitable date for Brenig.
As the last one was so successful, I can't wait to return with my mate Alec
so that we can show you how to fish it!*****.
Cheers & Tight Lines,
Reg (Diamonds)

Every Day Is A Bonus!
Make The Most Of It!

Hi Reg you little sparkler you :-),

Thanks for putting the "kettle on" - I'll have time to think about it
until the tea's made :-)

A lot of metaphorical stuff here !
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Aquazur-Dra

Default Gaterings Moy / Brenig 2004

HI reg

Ive Got the dates on the 2nd / 3rd weekend in July booked !?-

Sat 11th July or 17th of July ?

DAVE A

PS E mail me if any one wants to join in Irish gathering 7th to 12th
September 2004 on Salmon fishing on River MOY !!

--
¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
compliments Dave Armes

Old February 14th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Alec Powell

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Reg Sweetmore, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Now that we have sorted out Andrew's Scotland Holidays, can we give some
thought for a suitable date for Brenig.
As the last one was so successful, I can't wait to return with my mate Alec
so that we can show you how to fish it!*****.
Cheers & Tight Lines,
Reg (Diamonds)

Every Day Is A Bonus!
Make The Most Of It!

http://www.sweetmore.fsnet.co.uk

Diamonds!
Good to hear from you! Take it as read that as we speak plans are afoot
to organise a Brenig gathering in the summer. Either Andy or Dave will
be putting something to the NG soon I hope.
Whatever happens I look forward to our yearly whinge about all things in
general and hope we can capitalise on our success of last year against
all odds and the experts advice :-)
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec and Valerie Powell Watlington Oxon. UK

http://www.prole.demon.co.uk

Old February 23rd, 2004, 02:57 PM
Andy Lawson

Hi All,

Well.... As Alec indicated, we have started to look at our Annual Gathering
and what has become over the past 4 years, the "Pilgrimage to Brenig".
Unfortunately, the only period that Alec Powell, Dave Lane and I can make
this year is the Friday 30th Saturday 31st July. I have enquired as to the
water and boat availability at Brenig and it's fully booked for that
weekend. Indeed, the ONLY available dates are 17/18 July, 7/8 August and 4/5
September. As I said, the three of us just can't make those weekends.

I have looked at an alternative venue called Cwellyn. It's a large water
with stunning scenery, almost at the foot of Snowden and is a wild Brown
Trout water but also has Arctic Char, Seatrout and Salmon if you can find
'em!

The fishing is owned by Seiont Gwyrfai & Llynfi Fishing Society. Prices for
fishing vary from £8 per day for Cwellyn plus a boat at £12 per day plus the
hire of an electric motor if required. However, if you check out their web
site http://www.hgt.gwynedd.gov.uk/sg/Default.htm and follow the links,
you'll see they have multiple waters and a daily permit to fish all of them
is £15 which includes their Rivers and stocked lake for Rainbows. All are
fairly close to Cwellyn, so quite a big choice.

The accommodation is good at Cwellyn and details can be found he
http://www.snowdoninn.co.uk/index.asp Again, follow the links to see all the
options as fishing permits, boats etc are all booked here. The Cwellyn Arms
is only a short stroll from the lake.

I phoned the Cwellyn Arms and all options for the bunk house, farm house and
camping site are available for 30/31 July. Only 1 room left for B&B in the
pub, but that may not be an issue. The proprietor told me that the farm
house is available and has multiple options available in terms of room
availability and breakfast is available in the pub.
The price for the farm house accommodation is £95 per night for 4 people.
For 5 its £110, for 6 its £120 and so on a sliding scale. Rooms vary from
twins, doubles etc.

The other option is the bunk house, but it is an open area with multiple
bunks sleeping 22, unlike Glan Aber with only two bunks per room. So unless
we had 22 people, we may have to share with other guests.

Some of us did a mini gathering here some 4 years ago and enjoyed ourselves,
so it's not completely new.

Let me know what you think (via this group) to this as a possibility and I
would suggest that if it's a goer we need to get definite numbers and should
try and book up very quickly.

All the best

Andy Lawson

Old February 23rd, 2004, 05:36 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , Andy Lawson
wrote:
Hi All,

Well.... As Alec indicated, we have started to look at our Annual Gathering

this year is the Friday 30th Saturday 31st July. I have enquired as to the

I won't know until much closer the time...

I have looked at an alternative venue called Cwellyn. It's a large water
with stunning scenery, almost at the foot of Snowden and is a wild Brown
Trout water but also has Arctic Char, Seatrout and Salmon if you can find
'em!

Interesting.

Let me know what you think (via this group) to this as a possibility and I
would suggest that if it's a goer we need to get definite numbers and should
try and book up very quickly.

Er, tricky.

Not much help there was I?

Cheerio,

Old February 23rd, 2004, 06:33 PM
Reg Sweetmore

Count me in please Andy.

I'll try anything once! (Within Reason)

Reg (Diamonds)

Old February 24th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Dave Lane

In message
"Andy Lawson" wrote:

Hi All,

Well.... As Alec indicated, we have started to look at our Annual Gathering
and what has become over the past 4 years, the "Pilgrimage to Brenig".
Unfortunately, the only period that Alec Powell, Dave Lane and I can make
this year is the Friday 30th Saturday 31st July. I have enquired as to the
water and boat availability at Brenig and it's fully booked for that
weekend. Indeed, the ONLY available dates are 17/18 July, 7/8 August and 4/5
September. As I said, the three of us just can't make those weekends.

I have looked at an alternative venue called Cwellyn. It's a large water
with stunning scenery, almost at the foot of Snowden and is a wild Brown
Trout water but also has Arctic Char, Seatrout and Salmon if you can find
'em!

Hi all,

I'm really sorry that I have been unable to contribute to all this
for a while - but I've been up to my ears in life/work/house renovation
and so on....and my grateful thanks to Andy for doing all of this research.
It was me that suggested Cwellyn, as it is a fantastic, beautiful spot,
and a fine alternative to Brenig, as long as you're not after stockie-
bashing. You will have access to a number of waters, including
Llyn Padarn, right by Llanberis. Andy mentioned the boats, but you
can also go float-tubing if insane. There is also a campsite for the
hardier souls, should this be a help in trying to sort accomodation.

We had a mini gathering there a few years back, and you'll find a couple
of pages about this at: http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk/dlane/cwellyn/

thanks again Adny,

cheers

Literacy Support Software from:
Xavier Educational Software Ltd
School of Psychology, University of Wales Bangor
http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk/

.... Unable to locate coffee - operator halted
Old February 24th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , Dave Lane
URL:mailto
can also go float-tubing if insane. There is also a campsite for the
hardier souls, should this be a help in trying to sort accomodation.

Oh good. That'll make last minute bookings possible even if all other beds
have gone.

Cheerio,

Old February 24th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Alec Powell

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:
thanks again Adny,

Yes, thanks Adny :-)
Sounds great to me. I will take the option of camping this year I think,
(just to disprove the rumour that I'm a "southern softie" as some
people would suggest!) (No names - no pack drill:-) and it keeps me
away from Adny's snoring.
I know that Dan Porter will be joining us, albeit for some
walking/photography, rather than fishing, so we have at least 4
definites.
I believe there is a possibility of some of us travelling on the
Thursday so we could get two days fishing in.

Reg: want to share a tent?

Cheers,
Alec