I need help fishing!

Old May 31st, 2007, 07:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
[email protected]

Default I need help fishing!

Hello! I've been going fishing in Galveston for so long...and always
to the same place.
My father used to take me, but now I go by myself so I haven't a clue
where to go.
We would always go fishing at the Galveston Jetty..buy live shrimp and
catch perch, or whatever small fish, mullet, and what not and put it
on our big poles for the red's. Now, some days we go and the fishing
is amazing, and sometimes it's just...terrible (except for the lurking
bullred that comes and goes)
Now, I live in Dallas, so it's a good 5 hour drive, and therefore
cannot go all the time due to work and what not. So whenever I go I
try to make the best of it...
This time I want to try something new....
Any "secret' fishing spots anybody wants to give away or help me out
with

Fishing secrets !!! =D

thanks in advance, greatly appreciated

Old June 6th, 2007, 05:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
Capt John

On May 31, 2:17 am, wrote:
[...]

Pete,

I think the best advice anyone could give to you is look for a good
local fishing club, and join it. Pick up some local publications on
fishing, most will mention clubs from time to time, try some local
tackle shops as well. Most clubs allow guest to attend meetings, try a
few club meetings and pick the one, or ones, that you like best, then
become active in the club. You'll learn a lot by going along fishing
with club members and you'll probably make a few friends along the
way.

John

Old June 17th, 2011, 05:45 PM
gracerallson gracerallson is offline
Junior Member

Pick up some bounded publications on fishing, a lot of will acknowledgment clubs from time to time, try some local tackle shops as well. A lot of clubs acquiesce bedfellow to appear meetings, try a few club affairs and aces the one, or ones, that you like best, then become alive in the club.