Some Nice Fish Caught Yesterday.

Old January 12th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Bob La Londe

Default Some Nice Fish Caught Yesterday.

Not by me. I fished the pro/am Yuma Bassmasters yesterday with Craig
Johnson. I have to say Craig is an excellent angler. He managed to crank
up a limit, while I stood in the back of the boat and watched. Our biggest
fish was only 2.3 for a five fish limit of 6.99. I will be picking up a
couple of the crank baits he was throwing. I'm not much a crank bait
angler, but I am perfectly capable of bumping one off of stumps all day long
if I have to.

BIG FISH....

It look like Roy Price and Gene (don't know his last name) were going to
take big fish and first place with first place big fish witha 6 1/2 lb bass
and a 14.7 lb limit, until Mike Washburn weighed in his only fish. At 8.3
lbs he had a good day. Not only did he take the Big Fish, but that also
nailed down the 8lb rolling pot. He definitely paid for his season
yesterday. He will be fishing Yuma Bassmasters for the cost of fuel for the
rest of the season. I think that fish also got hima third of fourth place
finish.

It was a tough day too. There were a lot of blanks, and a lot of teams
weighing in only one or two fish.

I posted the pictures of the big bag and big fish on the Yuma Bassmasters
website. Not on my site.

www.yumabassmasters.4t.com

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old January 12th, 2004, 05:43 PM
AJH

How many did you catch?

I fish therefore I lie

Old January 12th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Bob La Londe

AJH" wrote in message
How many did you catch?

Re-Read the first line of my post.

I fish therefore I lie

Old January 12th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Bob La Londe

"Eric Ryder" wrote in message
et...
Nice fish! That Yuma page had my pop up blocker coing like castanets.

Yeah, its pretty bad, but I'm not willing to pay for ad free hosting for the
club. If more than a couple memebrs actually looked at the page I would ask
the club to pay for it. We certainly have enough money to do so.

I was cranking stumps within a couple hundred yards of where that big fish
was caught by the way. I saw him boat it.

Old January 12th, 2004, 08:55 PM
AJH

You said "our biggest fish" I guess you were cheering

I fish therefore I lie

Old January 12th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Bob La Londe

Back in November when I boated the big fish winner with Hammer it was "OUR"
fish too. It was a team tournament.

I suppose in this case I can claim some credit. Our biggest fish did come
off an area where I took us back into, and exactly off a spot I called.
Craig was the one throwing the right bait though. He was cranking and I was
trying subtle presentations. That was the only area I insisted on fishing.
Craig put us on all the other fish.

Old January 12th, 2004, 11:16 PM
luv2bafield

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Not by me. I fished the pro/am Yuma Bassmasters yesterday with Craig
Johnson. I have to say Craig is an excellent angler. He managed to crank
up a limit, while I stood in the back of the boat and watched. Our

biggest
fish was only 2.3 for a five fish limit of 6.99. I will be picking up a
couple of the crank baits he was throwing.

Of course, you know they won't hit those tomorrow.

Old January 13th, 2004, 02:11 AM
Bob La Londe

"luv2bafield" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Not by me. I fished the pro/am Yuma Bassmasters yesterday with Craig
Johnson. I have to say Craig is an excellent angler. He managed to

crank
up a limit, while I stood in the back of the boat and watched. Our

biggest
fish was only 2.3 for a five fish limit of 6.99. I will be picking up a
couple of the crank baits he was throwing.

Of course, you know they won't hit those tomorrow.

You are probably right, but the conditions match what I have read in a
couple of sources including a recent article about crank baiting cold
weather.

I figure I'll get some in red for murky conditins and some in green for
clear conditions. I alreayd have plenty in natural bait fish colors for
spring.

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com
All about fishing in Yuma, Arizona
Promote Your Fishing Website FOR FREE

www.DiyComponents.com
Buy professional quality components for
DIY Projects

Old January 13th, 2004, 04:36 AM
go-bassn

Some sweet lunkers there Bob.

Thought you'd wanna know - when I click the thumbnails in the photo section
I get a blowup, but the "back" bvutrtons on the blowups don't work...

Warren
--
http://www.fishingworld.com/MesaTackleSupply/
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com http://www.secretweaponlures.com