Crank Baits Suggestion

Old December 14th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Joshuall

Default Crank Baits Suggestion

I like fishing crank baits and I guess I know the "basics", but I have a ton
of them. In one big box. Some of them may have procreated and made more of
them. My box full is jammed to the top. I've got em all mixed up. I've tried
sorting them. . . by color, by the size of the bill etc. But I still have a
mess.

Just wondering if the group has some suggestions to make my crank bait box
make more sense, assist me in culling out some lures. And just some general
usage suggestions, favorite lures, times of seasons for colors etc. I know
wide wobble in cold water/weather and tighter in warm, but would lilke to
get a better handle on crankbaits. So anything the group has to offer to
help me make more sense out of my collection other than my current
philosophy which seems to be.. "have as many smushed in there as possible in
case some how I get into a situation that requires a certain type and I
don't have it ! g.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old December 14th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Charles Summers

Just send them to me.... I'll sort them out and send you back the ones that
I don't need... I mean, the ones that will work best for you.

Old December 14th, 2004, 11:56 PM
AJH

"wide wobble in colder water" I thought it was tight wobble in cold
water...

Old December 15th, 2004, 03:53 AM
go-bassn

Josh, don't know if you've seen the specialty utility boxes made by Falcon
or not, but they might be the answer to your crankbait dilemna. I started
using them this past season & they rock. I employ several to house my
cranks. These utility boxes are made for specific types of lures,
everything from cranks to jigs to spinnerbaits etc. I just use seperate
Falcon crankbait boxes for shallow/medium/deep runners, one for hard
jerkbaits & another for topwaters. These boxes make cranks very easy to
select & manage.

Search Cabelas for "Falcon Boxes", I'd post the link but it was rediculously
long...

http://www.cabelas.com

Warren

--
Warren

http://www.warrenwolk.com
Http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

Old December 15th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Calif Bill

Send them to Al. He will straighen the mess out, and modify the lures so
they all work great.

Old December 15th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Brad Coovert

I fish different baits based on water temp, lake I will be at, season, etc.
and only take those baits with me. I use four 3700 Plano's to keep my cranks
in:

1) Lipless baits
2) Suspending baits
3) Flat sided baits - Tight wobble
4) Round sided baits - Wide wobble

Seldom do I have three boxes with me at any time.

I then arrange the boxes by depth in four rows with super shallow, shallow,
medium and deep.

As for colors, I have four color categories: craw, chartreuse, chromes and
shads.

I also like to have rattling baits (usually plastic) and non - rattling baits
(usually wood).

Brad Coovert
Tournament Director, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com
Esox Rods - Hand Made In The USA
"For The Toughest Fishing Around"