Boom Lake Is BACK!!

Old August 30th, 2008, 12:40 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default Boom Lake Is BACK!!

Got up at 6:30 AM Wed and managed to get on the road at noon. Made it
find to just south of Nashville - stopped and got gas, checked tires
and headed up I-24. About 20 miles later funny noise - rear tire on
the Surburban started coming apart. Made it to the next exit on the
sholder and changed the tire. Lucky to find a Firestone store open
til 8 - got two new tires and headed back out after only a 2.5 hour
delay.

Made it 20 miles from Tomahawk WI and had to stop for a 20 minute
nap. Drove on to Mohawksin Lake and got a liicense and got on the
water at 11 AM. Kinda tired but fished til 3 PM - got a 3 pound 3
ounce smallmouth right off, then a 2 pound 11 ounce smallmouth. Ended
up with five smallmouth, one largemouth and a pike.

Got in my room, took a shower and got in bed at 5 PM. Slep til 8 this
morning - 15 hours, guess I was tired.
Got on Boom at 9:30 after droping by to see Janet and get my
cappuccino. Fished my best spots until 4 this afternoon - got two
short largemouth, one short smallmouth and a rock bass. No keepers!

Boom is back - Jerry must be coming this year !

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old August 30th, 2008, 09:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message
I'm coming and I'm gonna' light Boom on fire this year !!!

I talked with Ronnie today. Evidently the Hodag Bassmasters did decide to
run their tournament on Boom Lake on Labor Day Weekend, a dumb idea if you
ask me!

Anyway, he's going to attend the Day One weigh-in and have dinner here with
Janet and I tonight. So I'll check in later and tell you what the weights
were at the end of today.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old August 30th, 2008, 11:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

They caught fish - I did not. Never landed a fish today of any kind.

With 38 boats fishing a team tournament and a six fish limit, only
four teams had a limit. There were ten teams with over ten pounds,
only two zeros and one DQ - no idea why.

Based on what I saw today, every lily pad and stump in the flowage
and river got hit at least twice with a plastic bait of some kind,.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old August 31st, 2008, 02:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 15:50:48 -0700 (PDT), Ronnie
wrote:

They caught fish - I did not. Never landed a fish today of any kind.

With 38 boats fishing a team tournament and a six fish limit, only
four teams had a limit. There were ten teams with over ten pounds,
only two zeros and one DQ - no idea why.

Based on what I saw today, every lily pad and stump in the flowage
and river got hit at least twice with a plastic bait of some kind,.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Don't worry Ronnie. I got you to win this year!

Dan
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Thanks but two in a row not likely- especally the way I am fishing
Boom! Wish I had your confidence! Pattern does not seem to be
working this year at all.

Moe and I went to Mohawksin today - got 7 smallmouth and a 15 inch
walleye - biggest smallmouth was 3-1

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old September 1st, 2008, 12:01 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 14:47:45 -0700 (PDT), Ronnie
wrote:

Thanks but two in a row not likely- especally the way I am fishing
Boom! Wish I had your confidence! Pattern does not seem to be
working this year at all.

Moe and I went to Mohawksin today - got 7 smallmouth and a 15 inch
walleye - biggest smallmouth was 3-1

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Sounds like a good time. Those Smallies can be some real fighters.
There was one stretch of the WI River in Merrill I used to catch
nothing but 4 pounders.

As for the pattern, don't worry it will come.

Ya gonna try the Liver this year?

Dan
Old September 1st, 2008, 12:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Ya gonna try the Liver this year?

Dan

Maybe tonight - we are going to the PUB.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old September 1st, 2008, 02:40 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

the liver was good - hope the fishing gets as good.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old September 1st, 2008, 02:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Jerry Barton

Come Midnight and I'll be rollin'. I'll stop in Phillips to see a friend for
lunch and then on to BOOM !!!!!!