I am NOT ready for this...

Old October 27th, 2008, 10:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

Default I am NOT ready for this...

I was deer hunting today and it started snowing on me!!! On the way home,
it was snowing so hard that even I had to slow down a little! While it
didn't snow a long time, we now have a white blanket on all the lawns that's
almost two inches thick.

I still want to do some more bass fishing up here, and the smallmouth
fishing reports have been great! The muskies are on the prowl as well and I
need to tangle with a couple of those bad boys before the lakes ice over.

I need to move, anyone want to buy a nice home in Rhinelander???
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old October 27th, 2008, 11:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com wrote:
I was deer hunting today and it started snowing on me!!! On the way
home, it was snowing so hard that even I had to slow down a little!
While it didn't snow a long time, we now have a white blanket on all the
lawns that's almost two inches thick.

I still want to do some more bass fishing up here, and the smallmouth
fishing reports have been great! The muskies are on the prowl as well
and I need to tangle with a couple of those bad boys before the lakes
ice over.

I need to move, anyone want to buy a nice home in Rhinelander???

You get scared off by a dusting of snow in late October ? Sheesh,
what a wuss.

Head on down to Florida and take up shuffleboard and checkers, I'll
send you some pictures of late season muskies and winter steelhead
to ease the transition.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old October 28th, 2008, 12:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 17:50:17 -0500, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com"
backed into a tree whilst ridin inna park
then wrote:

I was deer hunting today and it started snowing on me!!! On the way home,
it was snowing so hard that even I had to slow down a little! While it
didn't snow a long time, we now have a white blanket on all the lawns that's
almost two inches thick.

I still want to do some more bass fishing up here, and the smallmouth
fishing reports have been great! The muskies are on the prowl as well and I
need to tangle with a couple of those bad boys before the lakes ice over.

I need to move, anyone want to buy a nice home in Rhinelander???

We had a cold front come through last nite. I had to wear a jacket
for my ride to the doctor this morning...I held off on turning the air
on this afternoon though!

Did I mention I winterized the bike? I threw a long sleeve shirt in
the saddlebag! BG

There is always a bed here for ya!

Dan
Old October 28th, 2008, 04:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote in message
I was deer hunting today and it started snowing on me!!! On the way home,
it was snowing so hard that even I had to slow down a little! While it
didn't snow a long time, we now have a white blanket on all the lawns
that's almost two inches thick.

I still want to do some more bass fishing up here, and the smallmouth
fishing reports have been great! The muskies are on the prowl as well and
I need to tangle with a couple of those bad boys before the lakes ice
over.

I need to move, anyone want to buy a nice home in Rhinelander???
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Yeah I hear ya Steve. Its getting to be winter everywhere. I put on a long
sleeve t-shirt this morning before I went out to the shop. Might have to
take a jacket when I hit the river this weekend.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old October 28th, 2008, 10:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Jerry Barton

Steve I feel your pain, it's colder than S+++ here also. Those guys in the
nice sunny States are going to pay someday for smirking at the Gods of
Winter. ;-)

Old October 28th, 2008, 10:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Mike Getz

I know you can track deer by footprints in the snow, maybe you can do the
same for the Smallies and muskies

Old October 28th, 2008, 10:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

Jerry Barton wrote:
[...]

We're supposed to get our first dusting of the year tomorrow. But the
lakes are still in the 50s, so it's still early fall to me. Although my
kid just told me that lower Champlain was 43~44 degrees Saturday. That's
10 degrees colder than a week earlier.

But Saturday was one of my 3 or 4 best fishing days since about June,
and it's only going to get better for the next month as the waters
continue to cool. And then before you know it, the overwintering
stripers will be back in the Housy, 15 minutes from my house, and I can
catch 50 to 100 of them every day I don't go to the office. So what if
you've got to bust a little ice to get to 'em?
Old October 28th, 2008, 10:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 18:00:58 -0400, "Jerry Barton"
then wrote:

Steve I feel your pain, it's colder than S+++ here also. Those guys in the
nice sunny States are going to pay someday for smirking at the Gods of
Winter. ;-)

Ain't gonna happen Jerry old bud! I did have to put the leather on to
ride at speeds over sixty today...BBWAWAWAWAWAAAA

Dan the still usin sunscreen "Southern Boy"

Old October 28th, 2008, 11:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Mike Getz" wrote in message
I know you can track deer by footprints in the snow, maybe you can do the
same for the Smallies and muskies

LOL, I've broke enough ice chasing muskies late season, maybe I should try
tracking!

Old October 28th, 2008, 11:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message
m...
Steve I feel your pain, it's colder than S+++ here also. Those guys in the
nice sunny States are going to pay someday for smirking at the Gods of
Winter. ;-)

Well, the one nice thing is when we have a bad storm up here, in the spring
everything will still be in my yard. Down south in a "bad storm," the yard
might not be there!!!