ROFF Rules Committee Question

Old November 4th, 2003, 12:27 AM
Frank Reid

Default ROFF Rules Committee Question

Need a ruling. I may be the originator of the "Full Reid," but it has
progressed beyond me. I need to find out if my latest endeavor qualifies.

Scene: Vendor (insert famous name here) food and beer stand at a major NFL
stadium. I am a volunteer for my daughters high school band. The band
boosters get money for manning the stand. I'm pouring beer for customers,
some one throws open the heavy, steel security door behind me (I had
complained about this before). The door catches me and slams me into the
wall. To add insult to injury, some one else has thrown absorbent material
on the floor to soak up the water. Unfortunately, the material is designed
to absorb grease. It is a detergent-based material, turning the floor under
my feet into soap suds.
My feet shoot out from under me, the beer flies into the air, along with
the soda next to it. I land on my tailbone and sprain my mid-back. I get a
fun ambulance ride to the local emergency room over cobblestone streets and
then get pumped full of narcotics and muscle relaxers.
Now, I understand there was no fishing involved. Do Dry Land Reids only
count if they are part of a fishing trip? There was, however, beer
involved, even though I had not partaken. Is this a mitigating factor?

--
Frank "Still Tender After All These Years" Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old November 4th, 2003, 12:38 AM
Stephen Welsh

"Frank Reid" moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf wrote in
:

Need a ruling. I may be the originator of the "Full Reid," but
it has progressed beyond me. I need to find out if my latest
endeavor qualifies.

[tale of suds snipped]

Now, I understand there was no fishing involved. Do Dry Land
Reids only
count if they are part of a fishing trip? There was, however,
beer involved, even though I had not partaken. Is this a
mitigating factor?

Ouch!!

You were fishing for tips I reckon...

;-)

Steve
Old November 4th, 2003, 12:55 AM
Frank Reid

I can't decide whether the more risk-free strategy is to keep as far
away from you as possible or as close as possible.

Hey, you should try some of my float tube manuevers.
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old November 4th, 2003, 01:26 AM
Tom Littleton

Frank writes:
much gore and agony snipped
I get a
fun ambulance ride to the local emergency room over cobblestone streets and
then get pumped full of narcotics and muscle relaxers.

My friend, these incidents happen too frequently to simply put off to mere
chance. I think you are purposely pulling these stunts in order to get the
narcotics and muscle relaxants. For God's sake, man, just order the crap over
the internet or hook up with Linbaugh's people!! At this rate, I'm going to
have to drive you to the handicapped access fishing area at Poe Lake during the
clave next year. Of course, that would involve a bumpy ride in the Fabulous
Fishing Car, so pack extra narcotics!
dibs on the yellow ones,
Tom
Old November 4th, 2003, 01:31 AM
rw

Need a ruling.

Old November 4th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Tim J.

"Frank Reid" wrote...
[...]

Ouch! I HATE when that happens. Of course, it never happens to anyone but you.

As far as the rules committee question, you forget the underlying criteria for
all Reid maneuvers: WWFD? Therefore, since Frank did it, it must be a Reid.
--
HTH,
Tim

Old November 4th, 2003, 03:25 AM
Wolfgang

"Stephen Welsh" wrote in message
"Frank Reid" moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf wrote in
:

Need a ruling. I may be the originator of the "Full Reid," but
it has progressed beyond me. I need to find out if my latest
endeavor qualifies.

[tale of suds snipped]

Now, I understand there was no fishing involved. Do Dry Land
Reids only
count if they are part of a fishing trip? There was, however,
beer involved, even though I had not partaken. Is this a
mitigating factor?

Ouch!!

You were fishing for tips I reckon...

Looks to me like he's fishing for sympathy.........and we all know where to
find that.......right?

Wolfgang

Old November 4th, 2003, 03:53 AM
Tim Carter

"Tim J." wrote in message

Now, I understand there was no fishing involved. Do Dry Land Reids

only
count if they are part of a fishing trip? There was, however, beer
involved, even though I had not partaken. Is this a mitigating factor?

Ouch! I HATE when that happens. Of course, it never happens to anyone but

you.

As far as the rules committee question, you forget the underlying criteria

for
all Reid maneuvers: WWFD? Therefore, since Frank did it, it must be a

Reid.
--

Frank, as winner of last year's First Place Duck Butt (innocuous name for
the Reid Trophy) winner, I have to say, I am wholly persuaded by Tim's

Old November 4th, 2003, 04:05 AM
daytripper

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 19:27:20 -0500, "Frank Reid" moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf
wrote:

[...]

Franky, me boyo, you clearly suffered a touch o' the brain damage somewhere
along in life...One of those many falls left its mark for sure....

/daytripper (you got more mitigation than any ten fellows I know;-)
Old November 4th, 2003, 04:05 AM
Wayne Knight

"Frank Reid" moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf wrote in message

Now, I understand there was no fishing involved. Do Dry Land Reids only
count if they are part of a fishing trip? There was, however, beer
involved, even though I had not partaken. Is this a mitigating factor?

My take would be that a full Reid would have to involve some form of
immersion in a body of water.

However I do commend you on another humor laden reminder of your propensity
for finding some manner to cheat death. And I assume you have installed
"handicap" rails in your shower/tub? Otherwise you are going to kill
yourself one day.