More on potential world record

Old December 14th, 2003, 04:00 AM
RGarri7470

Default More on potential world record

There is more at the FLW site on the big bass caught in California -
http://www.flwoutdoors.com/highResPh...=5BC36B5D-508B
-7619-A6D9A0BE19F27A62

Interesting thing - the fish was 29 inches long and 25 inches girth. On
Charles' caculator it would weigh20.138 pounds. Perry's bass was 32.5 inches
long and 28.5 in girth - the caculator shows 29.331 pounds for that one. Even
if Perry's fish was really skinny, and this one really fat, the measurements
are quite different.

You can click on the picture for a bigger one - that picture just don't look
right. Maybe I am just not used to seeing such a big bass!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old December 14th, 2003, 04:05 AM
go-bassn

Only one picture? Fishy indeed. It appears she not only let go the
"record" fish, but she was in an awful hurry to do so. Nothing about this
story makes sense.

VETO APPLICATION

Warren
--
http://www.fishingworld.com/MesaTackleSupply/
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com http://www.secretweaponlures.com

Old December 14th, 2003, 05:53 AM
Charles B. Summers

I agree... if they had the sense to "properly" measure the fish, surely they
would have known to have it witnessed by someone other than some guy sitting
on the bank.

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com

Old December 14th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Dwayne E. Cooper

On 14 Dec 2003 04:00:55 GMT, (RGarri7470) wrote:

There is more at the FLW site on the big bass caught in California -
http://www.flwoutdoors.com/highResPh...=5BC36B5D-508B
-7619-A6D9A0BE19F27A62

You can click on the picture for a bigger one - that picture just don't look
right. Maybe I am just not used to seeing such a big bass!

After seeing this picture, there's not a doubt in my mind that
this fish isn't even close to 20 pounds. Based on the size of her
hands compared to the size of the bass' mouth...I'd guess this fish
would've weighed between 11 and 15 pounds...at best!

Here are some of the camera tricks used to make this fish look
bigger:

1. This picture was taken at an upward angle which made the fish
the main object in the photo.

2. By holding the fish out with her arms extended...it makes the
fish look big compared to her body (and her body probably isn't that
big). BTW, look at her arm from her elbow to her hand and compare
it with the rest of her body...

A beautiful picture and marvelous claim perfectly suited to
something like the "Weekly World News" (see
http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/ ) BTW, anyone remember that farmer
that caught that 23 pound grasshopper over in Australia? (See
http://www.dochemp.com/grasshopper.html )

--
Dwayne E. Cooper, Atty at Law
Indianapolis, IN
Old December 14th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Todd Copeland

IMHO they won't allow it. First, the story has holes all throughout it.
Second, what is to stop the next person with a big fish from simply filling
it with lead and then finding a non-fishing person to confirm it's weight.

Old December 14th, 2003, 05:05 PM
SHRED©

Default 16.....

...........or 17lbs max!

Old December 14th, 2003, 05:09 PM
SHRED©

Default For comparison

Here is a 21.7 bass from Lake Dixon, CA:

http://www.bassfishingusa.com/images/BigBas1.jpg

No friggin way that lady's bass is bigger.

Old December 14th, 2003, 06:21 PM
bill allemann

You're right as rain there. You can really see the difference in the
relative size of the guy's hand
by the tail fin. Unless the woman is 7'10" tall and the guy is 4' 11", it
isn't even close.
If the powers-that-be allow this clintonesque maneuver to get through, they
might
as well throw out the whole record system.

hmmm....
how about the world record space alien fish ?
should have a picture here somewhere ....