Marine Food Chain Affected by Global Warming

Old December 3rd, 2005, 05:58 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,talk.environment,rec.outdoors.fishing

Default Marine Food Chain Affected by Global Warming

"Coby Beck" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
From Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th edition.

Theory: a formulation of apparent relationships or underlying
principles of certain observed phenomena which has been verified to
some degree.
OK, this seems to fit well. And I'll concede that proof is not the
right word in my previous post. Fact would be more like it. I don't
doubt that there's enough data for some degree of verification, but
that doesn't rise to the level of fact. Let's remember that
professional scientists are as human as the rest of us, and as
vulnerable to consensus and predjudice. And no diversion was intended.
While one truth does not drive out another, one may certainly have more
relevance and more demonstrable effect. Untill I see more factual
(empirical if you like) evidence, I won't rush to bark up the wrong
tree. Best Wishes............Dave

Just curious: what would you consider convincing evidence?

So what do people think? Is it time for me to give up waiting for an answer
to this question...again?

--
Coby Beck

Old December 3rd, 2005, 06:46 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,talk.environment,rec.outdoors.fishing

"Coby Beck" wrote in message
"Coby Beck" wrote in message
> [...]
"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
From Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th edition.
[...]

You seem to think any pseudo science pronouncement is proof. So what do you
require for real proof?

Old December 5th, 2005, 09:51 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,talk.environment,rec.outdoors.fishing

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Coby Beck" wrote in message
> [...]
"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
From Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th edition.
[...]

Proof is a mathmatical concept and is not relevant to climate science. What
is important is data and a coherent theory that is consistent with this
data. The reason I am very confident that AGW is real and a pressing
concern follows.
http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/index.htm
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html
http://yosemite.epa.gov/OAR/globalwa...ent/index.html
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/edu/gwdebate/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milanko...les#The_future
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=221
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:C...ide_400kyr.png
http://www.ucsc.edu/currents/02-03/05-12/warming.html
http://www.innovations-report.com/ht...ort-18375.html
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1110222129.htm
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/globa.../holocene.html
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/
http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/figspm-1.htm
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=154
http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/figspm-5.htm
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/globa...paleolast.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:2...Comparison.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:H...Variations.png
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=180
http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/index.htm
http://www.radix.net/~bobg/climate/halpern.trap.html
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=142

--
Coby Beck

Old December 5th, 2005, 10:17 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,talk.environment,rec.outdoors.fishing

"Coby Beck" wrote in message

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Coby Beck" wrote in message
> [...]
"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
From Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th edition.
[...]

Proof is also used outside of mathmatics. Been to court for a traffic
ticket? And you use things like Wikipedia. They are in the news for the
fact that the facts may not be true. And the question regards Global
Warming is what is the cause? You need more proof than what you post as to
say it is mankinds actions that are causing the warming. We have had
warming and cooling for eons. Even when Mankind was not around.

Old December 6th, 2005, 01:50 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,talk.environment,rec.outdoors.fishing

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Coby Beck" wrote in message
> [...]

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

What specifically did you find wrong with the evidence and explanation I
presented?

You need more proof than what you post

Just curious: what would you consider convincing evidence (proof, if you
prefer)?

--
Coby Beck

Old December 6th, 2005, 04:35 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,talk.environment,rec.outdoors.fishing

"Coby Beck" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Coby Beck" wrote in message
> [...]

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

Something other than you have shown. And if I could come up with a great
proof of what is causing global warming, I would be cashing large grant
money checks.

Old December 6th, 2005, 04:44 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,talk.environment,rec.outdoors.fishing

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
k.net...

"Coby Beck" wrote in message
[...]

C'mon! You reject all the data from all the scientific institutions
specializing in atmosphere ocean and climate, you reject the opinions of
institutions like NASA GISS, NOAA, BAS, EPA, NAS etc etc and glibly demand
proof. I'm just asking you, what is missing? What would you accept as "the
smoking gun" of findings?

Do you need proof that the CO2 increase is anthropogenic? That the
temperature is rising? That is rising at an unatural rate? That it is
higher now than in thousands of years? That CO2 absorbs IR radiation? That
ancient ice is melting around the globe? That ocean temperatures are
rising? That CO2 in the ocean is rising? That in the ancient past massive
influxes of GHG shot the temperature up for a hundred thousand years? Would
all of that convince you?

--
Coby Beck

Old December 6th, 2005, 05:50 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,talk.environment,rec.outdoors.fishing

And the Martian icecaps are also melting faster than normal. Our CO2
jumping over there? Maybe it is over fishing of the seas, and we are
getting too much ocean plankton and algae that are affecting the ocean temps
and the heating. CO2 a adjunct. If it was so simple, then all the
scientists, or at least a supra majority could agree on the causes. Maybe
it is the fact that we are overdue for a magnetic poll shift and more UV is
reaching the earth. You only want to believe in your preset ideas. You are
not open to real science.

"Coby Beck" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
k.net...

Old December 6th, 2005, 06:33 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,talk.environment,rec.outdoors.fishing

Bill McKee wrote:

And the Martian icecaps are also melting faster than normal.

Mars has an atmosphere composed primarily of carbon dioxide.

Any minute fluctuation in carbon dioxide concentration will manifest
itself almost immediately, with dramatic feedback effects mediated by
vast reservoirs of carbon dioxide and water on the surface.

http://cosmic.lifeform.org

Old December 6th, 2005, 04:09 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,talk.environment,rec.outdoors.fishing

In article . net,
"Bill McKee" wrote:

"Coby Beck" wrote in message
> [...]

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Coby Beck" wrote in message
> [...]
"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
From Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th edition.

http://www.innovations-report.com/ht...port-18375.htm
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1110222129.htm
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/globa.../holocene.html
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/
http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/figspm-1.htm
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=154
http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/figspm-5.htm
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/globa...paleolast.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:2...Comparison.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:H...Variations.png
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=180
http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/index.htm
http://www.radix.net/~bobg/climate/halpern.trap.html
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=142

--
Coby Beck

Proof is also used outside of mathmatics. Been to court for a traffic
ticket? And you use things like Wikipedia.

Also GISS, IPCC, NASA, NOAZA, NAS...

They are in the news for the
fact that the facts may not be true.

Yet your side sites CO2science and SEPP.

And the question regards Global
Warming is what is the cause?

Increased CO2 due to human activities.

You need more proof than what you post as to
say it is mankinds actions that are causing the warming.

Then go out and read the damn science!

We have had
warming and cooling for eons. Even when Mankind was not around.

So? It's totally illogical to say that since X didn't cause Y 1 million years
ago, it can't cause Y today.