Looking for Swede Stainless Stik

Old July 3rd, 2006, 02:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing

Default Looking for Swede Stainless Stik

I posted recently about a fishing rod I had lost (long story involing a
jet ski impeller). This rod was apparently my mother in law's favorite
rod for some reason. At the time, I had no idea the make/model of the
missing rod. I only had one obscure picture of it here.

http://www.ecmtuning.com/personal/missingrod.jpg

I now know that this rod is called a Stainless Stik made by Swede. It
was sold in WalMart stores a while ago, but apparently is no longer
carried. I thought for sure knowing the make/model of the rod would
make it easier to locate, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Anybody have one of these they'd be willing to sell? I'll pay a good
price to get out of hot water.

Thomas Dorris

Old July 4th, 2006, 07:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing

On 3 Jul 2006 06:46:10 -0700, "twdorris" wrote:

I posted recently about a fishing rod I had lost (long story involing a
jet ski impeller). This rod was apparently my mother in law's favorite
rod for some reason. At the time, I had no idea the make/model of the
missing rod. I only had one obscure picture of it here.

http://www.ecmtuning.com/personal/missingrod.jpg

I now know that this rod is called a Stainless Stik made by Swede. It
was sold in WalMart stores a while ago, but apparently is no longer
carried. I thought for sure knowing the make/model of the rod would
make it easier to locate, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Anybody have one of these they'd be willing to sell? I'll pay a good
price to get out of hot water.

Thomas Dorris

Use google - it's easy! I just searched on "swede 'fishing tackle'"
http://www.swedefishing.com/

the site is under repair but you can find contact info.

------------
There are no atheists in foxholes
or in Fenway Park in an extra inning
game.
____

Cape Cod Bob

Delete the two "spam"s for email
Old July 4th, 2006, 10:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing

Cape Cod Bob wrote:

Use google - it's easy! I just searched on "swede 'fishing tackle'"
http://www.swedefishing.com/

the site is under repair but you can find contact info.

Yes, I've contacted them already. They directed me to their
wholesaler, maurice.net who requires you to submit resale information
because they're a B2B dealer. I submitted my company information to
them yesterday, including a faxed and scanned/emailed copy of my resale
license. They have not responded yet.

Nobody on the net carries this pole. There were two online stores that
I could find through Google that used to carry them, but did not any
longer. I cross referenced one of those resellers to an e-bay store ID
and e-mailed them as well. Like Maurice, I have not heard back.

So my trail ran cold as of late yesterday, pending some responses from
these guys. But then today I went to a different WalMart store (a
super center in Hagerstown, MD) for unrelated reasons and decided to
check there. Sure enough, they had several on the shelves! I bought
two.

Thomas Dorris

Old July 6th, 2006, 04:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing

"twdorris" wrote in message
oups.com...
Cape Cod Bob wrote:

[...]

YEAH! Problem solved.

Old July 7th, 2006, 01:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing

Bob La Londe wrote:
YEAH! Problem solved.

And just to beat the dead horse a little more.

http://www.ecmtuning.com/personal/foundrod.jpg

Thomas Dorris